Serta IComfort - Can't find sheets to fit 12" Foam Mattress! Help
Apr 10, 2012 7:57 PM
I'm so excited to experience my first night's sleep on my new IComfort (12" deep) that was delivered today BUT I'm seriously thinking about returning it already without sleeping on it because the two fitted sheets of the sets I've purchased are baggy on the mattress.  I purchased Wamsutta No Iron 525 TC sheets that fit mattresses up to 18" deep.  The other set came from Dillards, and again these are not extra deep sheets, but "regular" according to today's standards.  The Serta company recommended the Luna mattress protector, and it is also baggy and does not fit snuggly.  I've been reading reviews on sheets for two weeks now, and I can't find good sheets that will fit a foam mattress well.

Does anyone who owns a Tempur-Pedic mattress or an IComfort mattress have recommendations for very good quality sheets that fit these smaller depth mattresses? 

This message was modified Apr 10, 2012 by SunnyinGA
Re: Serta IComfort - Can't find sheets to fit 12" Foam Mattress! Help
Reply #1 Apr 14, 2012 5:01 PM
Hi..   I have an I-Comfort and I will tell you sheets from different stores do run differently.  I am using sheets from a store called Stein Mart...and I think the count is only 325 they are extremely soft and fit up to 18" mattress and fit perfectly..I think you need to find the ones that say will fit up to a certain amt. of inches not those that say 18 to lets say 21 as I have bought those and they are very baggy..  Good luck with your bed as well, I have the prodigy.. if you don't mind in another month or so would you post if you are happy with your bed or not?   Just curious..  I have had mine for about 3 months now and I am in a love/ hate relationship with it.  I don't see too many people talking about it on this forum so would appreciate your feedback if you will..  good luck and happy sleeping..
Reply #2 Jun 1, 2012 1:17 PM
Please let me know if you've found any sheets yet! I 've had my revolution icomfort for a year now and still can't find anything not too tight or too loose! Serta recommended the Luna and Luna said "No, they'd be too loose"! Checking out the Tempurpedic sheets set next and couldn't find the, recommended by a blogger,JCPenny brand either.Elizabeth@ eziapeppas@yahoo.com
Reply #3 Jun 24, 2012 10:20 AM
Had the Prodigy for 3 months an dreturned it for the Revolution!
Reply #4 Jun 24, 2012 12:48 PM
To the woman who returned her Prodigy.. mine now sits in my guest room...hated the thing and for me if I traded down to another in their line would have taken a big money hit..plus the store had nothing else I  felt was a good mattress for me.    I have now purchased and off brand coil firm mattress and at least I am sleeping ....much cheaper and will continue to replace my beds from now on with future beds that don't have all that hype attached to them.    I have a friend who bought the Revolution and 5 months down the road she is ready to take the axe to it..please continue to post as I am curious to some real reviews on this bed.   I even tried with Serta before the 120 day comfort return and they just said I had to do my return with the store I purchased from  and they just wanted me to exchange.. I really feel that if a person is so unhappy with a bed of that price they should be able to get a full refund..I now have the $3000 guest room!!!   Mad as hell at Serta and this horrible bed.
Reply #5 Jun 30, 2012 1:09 PM
Hi Glenbury,I think I may have listed my mattresses in reverse~smile~sorry!

We were talked into the Revolution knowing we wanted the Prodigy,,,,because this second store that we went to happened to look at our spines while on the bed. She said even though they don't have a display Prodigy she said our bodies couldn't possibly line up any better than on the Revolution. We took her word since it was several hundred $ cheaper. Otherwise, she could have ordered it for us,& made more commission, so we listened. My hubby couldn't & didn't sleep but a few hrs a night for the 3 mths they MADE us try the mattress to 'break it in' of which in the stores they said there's no 'breakin' period~smile~! They then told us to walk the mattress daily to break it in,we finally exchanged it but their 120 day free period isn't free because you have to pay for pick-up & delivery!!! Now can't find sheets to fit it very well & not be baggy. Serta advised on buying Luna & Sheex both of which when I called the companies said that they are for DEEP mattresses 18-22" deep,so they would not fit the 12"....Serta doesn't even know what to put on this thing! Their one rep asked why I'd want to cover it with a sheet that I should just sleep on it as it is~????~ 

My hubby still has some problems with arms falling asleep but no hip pain,so it is better  on this one. But I might add that it already 'dips' in the middle!! Would never buy a Serta again.Thought they were a reputable company with good customer service,NOT!

They don't get back to you on the phone or online...I've asked at both venues.Even when they say they will!

Good luck with yours!

Reply #6 Jul 1, 2012 11:17 AM
Response to eliza..(sp).. do not have your comment in front of my vision for the spelling of your username.....what did you exchange for..?   There is a break in period for all beds..I am so much better since I switched to a new coil mattress.. firm with a nice tufted top.. that was another thing I do not like on any of these memory foam beds.. they are flat across.. I made a big mistake because I was so desperate for a good nights sleep and to get rid of my hip pains etc. that I listened to the fools at this store.. They got me for the big commission it will be the last time.. I needed to go with my gut but I did cave to what they said to me also when laying on  the Prodigy my spine was perfectly lined up.. In two weeks I knew it was horrible..and it continued to get worse and worse.. If you still are sleeping in one of their beds I feel sorry for you and would like to hear from you in another month or so to see how this bed is affecting your body..I have no problem spreading the word here to save even 1 person from making the same mistake I did.  Everyone here on these board are re-constructing their memory foam beds with toppers and some are doing such rediculous surgeries to them just to find a comfort level..   I say they are all quicksand money pits..   Good luck and sweet dreams...
Reply #7 Jul 25, 2012 7:56 PM
I just recently purchased a memory foam bed, from Big Lots..it was only $560..however I'd rather return it also. I can't find any sheets either!  It not only looks horrible with baggy sheets/mattress conver, but it makes noise every time we move!!  I'm going to find out if it can be returned, very disappointed in what I've read online.  My boyfriend and I have not had "wonderful" or exceptional sleep yet.  Why would a 10" mattress be made without the necessary items...that serta may require for warranty..like a freaking mattress cover that fits!

Please post again if sheets were found.

Also, if I find out that nothing can be done as far as returning the damn thing, my suggestion/plan B is to purchase a mattress topper!  Ha!  A mattress topper for a memory foam bed:(

Reply #8 Sep 3, 2012 10:04 AM
We purchased the iComfort Savant (I believe this was formerly the Revolution) about a month ago. I was facing back surgery, and we decided this would be a perfect solution for my recovery and beyond (plus, our other mattress was 10 years old). Unfortunately, we experienced the same problem (baggy sheets). We got the individual mattresses so that we could have individual controls, and as the salesperson suggested we got twin XL fitted sheets. The bed itself is extremely comfortable, but the sheets were so big and baggy that I couldn't sleep. I was seriously considering taking it back, but decided to try one more thing first. I purchased regular sized twin fitted sheets (not XL). When we were putting them on, my husband accidentally put the the sheet over the 2" (or so) base as well, so we decided to try sleeping on it to see if it would work. It's only been a few days, but so far, the sheets stay fairly tight. Of course, any sheet is going to get loose in the crease when you raise the head, but when the mattress is flat, it tightens up again. My biggest complaint with the XL sheet was that it would bunch up near my feet, and was very uncomfortable for me. It is no longer doing that with the regular sized sheets. I don't know if this would work for mattresses that aren't split or for the beds without the electronic controls, but if you like the overall comfort of the bed (which we do), try this little trick before considering returning it. Hope this helps! 
Reply #9 Mar 1, 2015 2:58 PM
The solution is to have a seamstress make your own custom fitted sheet.  Use 2 flat sheets to create an envelope.  The open end should be at the bottom of the bed.  You can also have a strip of Velcro sewn in about 12 inches back from the edge and along the bottom of a third fitted sheet.  Depending on the material the envelop should be -1 to +1 inches of the mattress circumference.   I have an adjustable bed so attaching the sheet is easy.   I am amazed Serta isn't offering custom fit sheets.  Cost to tailor a set 30 - 50 dollars.

Recent Posts