SavvyRest - don't buy it
Apr 11, 2011 1:49 PM
Savvyrest tried to sell me their dunlop latex.

Their dunlop latex is made in India and seems to be of poor quality.

I had told them I like soft bed and they tried to steer me to Dunlop...!

and their Talalay latex is so much expensive......

Don't Buy SavvyRest....

Re: SavvyRest - don't buy it
Reply #16 Apr 14, 2011 1:27 PM
copaoly wrote:

Richard,  I will gladly share my experiences/opinions on the company i am dealing with, or its products,  with people that are truly interested, and have an open mind, or are seeking advice.  I didnt see the point to do so with this particular person...because she/he seems to have a negative outlook on every product she/he speaks of. 

I, like just about everyone else in this forum, are here to learn or give their opinions/advice based on their experiences.  I'v learned a lot by reading reviews and threads on latex by all of these fine people in this forum...and may have many more questions once my mattress arrives.  I have had companies try and up-sell me, or push me to Dunlop latex (Im a Talalay Fan), etc...but I would never think to "bash" companies simply because I dont like what they tried to sell me based on firmness or prices.  I just dont see the point, or how that helps people like me, who are trying to get the best product for my individual needs.

I apologize if I have ruffled feathers.  I was just shocked at the comments.  I hope you, and everyone else in here has a wonderful day.  I still beleive that this forum is a god-send.  Without it, I would have never heard of Companies like Flobeds and SleepEZ etc.  Thank you to everyone!!

I find op blunt but honest and not negative. Why don't you tell all of us which dunlop maker latex sample (that you got that) you found to be of medium feel similar to talalay latex?

This message was modified Apr 14, 2011 by richardp
Reply #17 Apr 14, 2011 1:30 PM
budgy wrote:

the main reason we do not see a lot of dunlop toppers being sold is for a myriad of reasons.

1. Talalay latex toppers are easier to find.

2. Talalay latex can be made softer than dunlop, and being that the #1 reason for a topper is to make a mattress feel soft it seems like a logical choice to keep the cost reasonable.

3. There are few companies that produce softer dunlop rubbers, as it is challenging to make on a consistent basis.  there are a few companies that injection mould their dunlop rubber cores and they have the ability to make dunlop that is almost as soft as a lower ILD talalay.  most dunlop rubber is not made this way and is why most people find it to be fairly firm...although with all things there are sometimes exceptions...not sure if Savvyrest is or not to be fair though. 

Savvyrest softest dunlop is 20-22ILd and is not soft.

Reply #18 Apr 14, 2011 2:51 PM
Leo3 wrote:

Budgy only said the Sam's Club seemed like a good deal.  He only gives an opinion as we all do on what we read and interpret.  He only gives opinions, which is all any of us can do.

As for Dunlop.  Don't know anything about Savy Rest, only what I have read on their website.  Their prices were too steep for me, so I stopped looking.  My "opinion" on Dunlop is only from my experience on 16ILD Latex Green 2" piece I had.  It was too firm for me.  I then later got a 35ILD LI 2" piece that felt the same.  Therefore I can compare this to a firm piece of latex that can only be used on the bottom layer.   Again, that is for me and it my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

Exactly, savvyrest prices are very steep, there is no return policy and exchanges are only for 90 days and you pay all of shipping, and the dunlop latex is made in India. And even when 16ILd dunlop the lowest rating ILd is firm some insist that dunlop can be as soft as softest talalay.  And almost 40% of reviews here on savvyrest are not positive. So much for experts feeling sorry for savvyrest and one poster calling me names like negative person, when it is he who did not keep his word - read post by me asking him for help when he visited sleepez. This savvyrest person tried to mislead telling me that some latex maker is actually a wholesaler and gets its latex from different generic makers! Like one of the reviewer said the savvyrest guy began to bash his competitor and that was the first warning sign. ditto for me.

This message was modified Apr 14, 2011 by xyz1ab
Reply #19 Apr 14, 2011 3:33 PM
richardp wrote:

Savvyrest softest dunlop is 20-22ILd and is not soft.

and here in lies a problem.  I would probably agree with you 100% if you mean not as soft as say a low ILD talalay latex sample.  however there are some people that will find this to be 'soft'. 

There is no science to 'soft' because it is based on subjective feel. 

Everyone here already knows that LI probably makes the best Talalay latex in the world or some of the best.  No one here would say the latex is inferior...but what if I were to say out of the few hundred latex mattress I sold the only ones that ever had an issue with sagging or softening rubber used blended Talalay from LI?

Reply #20 Apr 14, 2011 7:33 PM
richardp wrote:

When I originally started researching latex, I eventually found not one, but two retailers here in AZ, both in the Phoenix area;  SleepEZ and Arizona Premium Matt Co.  Although I havent heard much in here about AZ Matt Co...Is there a reason for that??  Anyway,  I ordered Latex samples from these two retailers.  Sleepezs Dunlop Soft sample (16ILD) seemed very soft and squishy;  AZ Matts Soft (16ILD??) Seemed much firmer.  Both are from Latex Green.  The Talalay Medium sample I received from Sleepez felt similer in feel to the Soft Dunlop I received from them.  However, the AZ Matt Co Soft Dunlop was similer in feel to the Medium or Firm Talalay.  Of course, these are small hand-sized samples.  Im sure the feel would be different if I were laying on them.  

I find op blunt but honest and not negative. Why don't you tell all of us which dunlop maker latex sample (that you got that) you found to be of medium feel similar to talalay latex?

Recent Posts