Soliciting suggestions for soft mattress......
Jun 4, 2010 9:32 AM
We are stuck with a Simmons Beautyrest Plush mattress.  Brand New, unable to return.  Of course it felt great in the store and the first couple of nights, but then the low back pain started.  The thing is, it feels great under the shoulders when side sleeping however having a lot of low back pain which i think is due to not being supportive enough.   I am desperate for your creative solutions to this problem and welcome any suggestions.  Would placing a firm topper, if there is such a thing, under the lumbar/hip area help with this?  Or how about placing a piece of plywood under the hip area( under the mattress of course)?  Thank you!!!
Re: Soliciting suggestions for soft mattress......
Reply #7 Jun 7, 2010 11:27 AM
I have tried to read the posts on latex mattress toppers from Overstock, after receiving the suggestion to find one there.  I am getting the impression that Overstock.com is not a reputable place to buy these toppers.   Is it a mistake to purchase the E.C.O. latex mattress topper(1.5 or 2 ") from this website, the price is sure reasonable!?
Re: Soliciting suggestions for soft mattress......
Reply #8 Jun 7, 2010 1:51 PM
Consider what Kait mentioned - that a firmer topper will likely negatively impact the comfort you now feel for the shoulders.  I would certainly try placing folded towels/blankets/thin piece of planking under the mid-body area between mattress and foundation before going the topper route, IMHO.

Recent Posts