Serta IComfort - Can't find sheets to fit 12" Foam Mattress! Help
Apr 10, 2012 7:57 PM
I'm so excited to experience my first night's sleep on my new IComfort (12" deep) that was delivered today BUT I'm seriously thinking about returning it already without sleeping on it because the two fitted sheets of the sets I've purchased are baggy on the mattress.  I purchased Wamsutta No Iron 525 TC sheets that fit mattresses up to 18" deep.  The other set came from Dillards, and again these are not extra deep sheets, but "regular" according to today's standards.  The Serta company recommended the Luna mattress protector, and it is also baggy and does not fit snuggly.  I've been reading reviews on sheets for two weeks now, and I can't find good sheets that will fit a foam mattress well.

Does anyone who owns a Tempur-Pedic mattress or an IComfort mattress have recommendations for very good quality sheets that fit these smaller depth mattresses? 

This message was modified Apr 10, 2012 by SunnyinGA
Re: Serta IComfort - Can't find sheets to fit 12" Foam Mattress! Help
Reply #9 Mar 1, 2015 2:58 PM
The solution is to have a seamstress make your own custom fitted sheet.  Use 2 flat sheets to create an envelope.  The open end should be at the bottom of the bed.  You can also have a strip of Velcro sewn in about 12 inches back from the edge and along the bottom of a third fitted sheet.  Depending on the material the envelop should be -1 to +1 inches of the mattress circumference.   I have an adjustable bed so attaching the sheet is easy.   I am amazed Serta isn't offering custom fit sheets.  Cost to tailor a set 30 - 50 dollars.

Recent Posts