Questions about my new Ikea latex mattress!
Mar 5, 2008 5:35 AM
I just bought the SULTAN EGERSUND that was on sale at Ikea!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70100746

What do you think of it?

I'm not a chiropractor but I was wondering if it would be ok to stack two of them on top of each other so it'd be 8'' instead of 4''. Also, would it be alright to put the mattress on the floor or do I need to buy a base and slats? I'm a student with a limited budget.

Thanks!
This message was modified Mar 5, 2008 by emale
Re: Questions about my new Ikea latex mattress!
Reply #8 Mar 8, 2008 12:24 AM
emale wrote:
I just bought the SULTAN EGERSUND that was on sale at Ikea!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70100746

What do you think of it?

I'm not a chiropractor but I was wondering if it would be ok to stack two of them on top of each other so it'd be 8'' instead of 4''. Also, would it be alright to put the mattress on the floor or do I need to buy a base and slats? I'm a student with a limited budget.

Thanks!

Hey emale, we answered some questions for you, now how about you answering some?

Is there any indication on the packaging with your bed or the receipt or anything that might answer the following questions:

What TYPE of latex is it made of? (Talalay, Dunlop, or ??)

What firmness is the latex (usually given in ILD such as 28ILD or 34ILD, something like that; or IFD)

Where was the latex made?

Is there any polyurethane foam attached to the latex or is it pure 100% latex?

I ask, because that is a VERY good price for a 4" piece of latex.

Anyone else here familiar with IKEA's latex? If I was in the market for a latex core I think I would buy this. I'm tempted to buy one to use as the core for our futon couch/fold out bed.

Re: Questions about my new Ikea latex mattress!
Reply #9 Mar 8, 2008 7:39 PM
I will let you guys know after I get it delivered from Ikea.

Recent Posts