Help! Latex Mattress too Stiff. Ouch!
Sep 12, 2011 2:23 AM
I am sorry if I sound redundant like a few before me; however, after reading the reviews for allergy suffers I purchased a latex mattress.  It is like sleeping on Gumby or a Wrestling Mat or Sponge bob.  I got it at a very reputable mattress place that has closed its doors after 76 years of operation.  Although they gave me a 20 year warranty, they will not honor it, since they are no longer in business.  It was expensive. I usually sleep on my stomach or side.  I toss and turn though, because I feel stuck wherever I lay and then sweat galore.

It was the firmest latex mattress they had.  It is very thick.  I need a better more cushiony mattress cover s than I all ready have which are a run of the mill plush cotton ones.  PLEASE help, I need suggestions, this venture has gotten to be expensive, but I will take heed to any suggestions for a good night's sleep finally.   My bones ache.  THANK YOU!!

P.S. I am allergic to wool!

This message was modified Sep 12, 2011 by mzlady101
Re: Help! Latex Mattress too Stiff. Ouch!
Reply #7 Oct 3, 2011 12:49 PM
malady,

Sorry about your bad experience with a latex bed, but it sounds like the store gave you some pretty bad advice when buying.  My SleepEZ 10000 all latex is pretty darn good on a box spring.  It was intolerable on the matching wood foundation which came with pine slats.  After 3 days on that foundation, my not so good right shoulder was beat up, really.

So, what kind of foundation is your mattress on?  Foundations can change the feel of just about any bed I think, some more than others.

As good as my SleepEZ is, my Tempurpedic Cloud seems to be one step better.  In my opinion, the TP does what they say it does - good support and super easy on the joints.  I've had it 3 weeks and 2 days so far.

In case you're wondering, I've got the TP in one room and SleepEZ in another, so, pretty spoiled there.

This message was modified Oct 3, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Help! Latex Mattress too Stiff. Ouch!
Reply #8 Oct 3, 2011 2:26 PM
Your setup is now almost exactly like mine. I also felt I was being "engulfed" at first when I had 3" of foam + the cuddlebed, but removing one layer of foram and turning the remaining slab egg-crate side down did the trick. It took me awhile of changing out toppers, putting them in different layers etc. to try and find just the right combination of toppers and foam. I hope your bed will be as comfy as mine now is.

Recent Posts