foambymail latex - who owns it?
Sep 30, 2007 2:44 PM
I am hoping to order a latex mattress in the near future and am strongly leaning towards foambymail as their prices fit my budget best.  I know about the ongoing debate over where foambymail gets their latex from, but I'm willing to accept that. 

Any feedback from users who have ordered a latex mattress or topper from foambymail would be much appreciated.
This message was modified Sep 30, 2007 by jiffy524
Re: foambymail latex - who owns it?
Reply #66 Dec 2, 2007 4:35 PM
haysdb, maybe it was sinking too abrubtly for me (at the hips), and the topper makes it sink more gradually. I slept so well last night--only turned a couple of times. I slept on both my side and back. I do believe my configuration is better for back sleeping. Although the latex does seem to help reduce arm circulation problems, I think I would need some kind of zoning to get my shoulders perfect. I do wonder if you have a 32ILD 1" instead of 20ILD, though.
Reply #67 Dec 2, 2007 5:09 PM
Foam Nerd
donw wrote:
I do wonder if you have a 32ILD 1" instead of 20ILD, though.

I should know for sure when I get the soft 2" topper from SleepWarehouse. At present I have nothing to compare what I have to. The softer the topper, the less it would interfere with the operation of the Intelli-Gel, so I think it's imperative that any topper used over Intelli-Gel needs to be soft and thin.

I like the way the Intelli-Gel is conforming to pressure points and yet firm and supportive at the same time, I just think that alone it's too thin to represent the entire comfort layer for a side sleeper. I started out with an ILD 38 core that I feared was not firm enough for my 240 lbs, and now I'm struggling to soften things up between the 5.6" core and the 3.25" Intelli-Gel overlay. When I was told the ILD of  the 2.8" of latex in the MyComfort Intelli-Gel/Latex overlay, I refused to believe it. At that point I was paranoid about going too soft. I have come full circle and am now looking for the softest foam I can find to put under the Intelli-Gel.
Reply #68 Dec 3, 2007 11:29 AM
Do FBM latex toppers look like the picture on their website? It looks like the holes are really small compared to most latex I have seen. I think I'm going to order a 2" 32 ILD.
This message was modified Dec 3, 2007 by steve2u
Reply #69 Dec 3, 2007 11:54 AM
Steve, mine does not look like that picture - holes are bigger in relation to the spacing.
Reply #70 Dec 3, 2007 7:30 PM
I just received my FBM latex.  I am not sure how flawless latex should look, but mine had many imperfections (perhaps FBM resells 'seconds').  I doubt it will have any impact on the performance, time will tell.
Reply #71 Dec 4, 2007 7:37 AM
ericgl wrote:
I just received my FBM latex.  I am not sure how flawless latex should look, but mine had many imperfections (perhaps FBM resells 'seconds').  I doubt it will have any impact on the performance, time will tell.

ericgl - What did you order? Topper or mattress?
Reply #72 Dec 4, 2007 10:30 AM
I received 2 3" toppers (the 20ILD and 32ILD), and 5" of Lux foam yesterday. 

Not to stray too far off-topic, but I was quite suprised how firm the Lux foam felt, even under 6" of latex.

Reply #73 Dec 4, 2007 11:14 AM
Can the 3" 32 ILD support you without bottoming out on the LUX?
Reply #74 Dec 4, 2007 11:18 AM
Eric, that's why we normally recommend half (or more) of that PU base to be 36ILD HQ foam. See my The perfect latex/PU foam thread. How did your 20 compare to your 32? My 1" 20 is very soft.
Reply #75 Dec 4, 2007 12:26 PM
steve2u wrote:
Can the 3" 32 ILD support you without bottoming out on the LUX?

I can't say for sure, but I think so.  I would guess I am depressing the mattress maybe an inch and a half at the max.  My pressure points seem gone, but it still feels very firm, too firm of a change.

Recent Posts