foambymail latex - who owns it?
Sep 30, 2007 2:44 PM
I am hoping to order a latex mattress in the near future and am strongly leaning towards foambymail as their prices fit my budget best.  I know about the ongoing debate over where foambymail gets their latex from, but I'm willing to accept that. 

Any feedback from users who have ordered a latex mattress or topper from foambymail would be much appreciated.
This message was modified Sep 30, 2007 by jiffy524
Re: foambymail latex - who owns it?
Reply #40 Nov 2, 2007 8:59 AM
MequonJim wrote:
I ordered 1" of ILD 20 today, and I can give my review after it arrives.  It is hard to argue with their pricing.  I hope they ship me 20 ILD like I ordered.

This latex arrived yesterday.  My thoughts are similar to haysdb.  The latex is not quite as nice as talalay from Latex International.  The pores are not as consistent.  However, unlike the sample they mailed to me, the pin core hole structure is consistently spaced, and foam near the edge of the mold is not overly firm.  That I am happy about.  I have no way to measure ILD, but my guess is that I ended up with something higher than 20  It probably isn''t a 32 ILD (which I have 2" of already).  It measures out as a slight trapezoid, which seems normal with latex.  It must be difficult to cut straight lines.  Density seems normal.  The smell is very different from both the blended and natural talalay I have from Latex International.  This foambymail.com latex smells rubbery to me.  There is no sweet vanilla type smell.  It is not overwhelming, but I'm glad it isn't a strong odor, because I think it is not a pleasant odor like the other talalays.

Overall, at this price I think it is worth buying for someone on a budget.

My transaction with foambymail.com was smooth.  They must not be very automated, as it took a few days for them to ship this out.

Reply #41 Nov 5, 2007 2:38 PM
I've (finally) placed my order today, 6" of Firm Talalay latex, with the terry zip cover.  I will add my review of the mattress once I receive it.
Reply #42 Nov 7, 2007 10:35 AM
Let me just say great CS from foambymail so far.  I told them I would appreciate anything they could do to speed up the processing (as opposed to the usual 3 days) as I don't have a mattress right now (I sold my bedroom set to make room for the new stuff).  I ordered the mattress Monday afternoon and emailed them, they shipped the mattress Tuesday, and it will arrive Thursday.
Reply #43 Nov 8, 2007 1:57 AM
Foam Nerd
I returned a layer of latex I bought from Foam By Mail. They don't mention this on their website, that I have ever seen, but they charge a 25% restocking fee. This isn't as bad as it sounds as they didn't deduct any additional for the "free shipping." I paid $185 and am getting credited back about $140. It cost about $30 to ship it back to them, so I'll net about $110 back from my $185 investment.

The return instructions say to include the original invoice. I didn't get an invoice. They said "it was in the box." I said "the latex didn't come in a box, but just wrapped in plastic." They said "then UPS must have damaged the box." I said "maybe, but both orders I have received have arrived packed the same way." They also tried to tell me my 30 days had expired. I said "well yeah, it wasn't even shipped to me for almost two weeks after I placed the order." I have no doubt they would have refused to refund my money if it had arrived in their office even one day past 30 days - counted from the day they shipped it to the day it arrives back in their office. I say this because they called me this morning and they made a special point to note that it had arrived just 2 days before the 30 days. They weren't nasty about it at all, I'm just saying don't expect a lot of flexibility from them on this.
Reply #44 Nov 8, 2007 3:32 PM
Haysdb, that is interesting. More squirly-ness from FBM -- if you buy from ebay , they give you 60 days, but do not refund the $35 flat shipping fee.
Reply #45 Nov 8, 2007 11:38 PM
FYI: If you purchase (most things) with your AMEX, they offer return protection.  Basically, if the merchant won't take the item back, up to 90 days after purchase, AMEX will take care of it for you.  There is a $300 max per item, and you probably need to ship it back to the merchant w/ tracking/delivery confirmation.  I purchased my mattress with my AMEX, in case the 30 days isn't enough for me to decide, or FBM tries any funny stuff.

https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/benefits/returnprotection.jsp
Reply #46 Nov 14, 2007 1:07 PM
Finally received my FBM mattress, picked it up from UPS.  Mine came in a box, which was barely in tact when I received it, but there was a box, with a packing slip attached to the outside.  Inside, packaged all smushed up, my mattress wrapped in shrink wrap.  I am going to put my new bed together tonight or tomorrow, and then open the mattress.

I will report back once it is all set up and I have spent a few nights on it.
Reply #47 Nov 17, 2007 11:11 AM

jiffy524 wrote:
Finally received my FBM mattress, picked it up from UPS.  Mine came in a box, which was barely in tact when I received it, but there was a box, with a packing slip attached to the outside.  Inside, packaged all smushed up, my mattress wrapped in shrink wrap.  I am going to put my new bed together tonight or tomorrow, and then open the mattress.

I will report back once it is all set up and I have spent a few nights on it.

how is it?

Could you repeat which exact mattress you purchased AND your weight height?

thanks!
This message was modified Nov 17, 2007 by novahelp
Reply #48 Nov 17, 2007 2:58 PM
Yah size and weight would be great, I just received a 36lbs 3" 5.5lbs/ft^3 queen memory foam topper which should have been about 46lbs.  And did you order through ebay or their website?  Thanks
Reply #49 Nov 17, 2007 5:31 PM
Foam Nerd
FYI, The color of FBM's 5 lb memory foam is pink. They only have one pink foam as far as I am aware.

Recent Posts