Flobed Natural Latex: 9" or 12"?
Jan 13, 2010 10:01 PM
I've settled on a flobed natural latex mattress but am unsure if the 9" posture select or 12" posture deluxe would be better. I'm inclined to the 9" for both budget and aesthetic reasons (I'd rather not have such a high mattress), but would go with the 12" if it will be significantly more comfortable or offer better support. I'm 6' 2" and 190 pounds, my wife is 5' 4" and 125 pounds. Any thoughts or advice are much appreciated!
Re: Flobed Natural Latex: 9" or 12"?
Reply #2 Jan 14, 2010 12:38 AM
I have the 12" mattress that I also like for moving the latex pieces around to get the perfect comfort level. I also liked how it fits with my fitted sheets best since it is not so thick like some of the newer mattressers are and all my fitted sheets fit it nicely.  I bought the pine slat frame and just like the way the thicker mattress looks. I have clients that have the 9" latex mattress that they put on their bedroom set's slat bed frame and they are happy with that also.

The closer you are to the frame, the firmer the bed will be but I preferred the extra layer since I was investing in a good night's sleep.  It really is up to you.  I think the big mattresses in the stores are going at 18" to 22" thick and are much too thick to me.

Recent Posts