Essentia
Dec 16, 2009 10:36 PM
I'm new here. I've spent a few hours poking around but haven't found any information on the mattress I'm considering: the Classic 8 by a company called Essentia (www.myessentia.com). They are a Canadian company that makes what is billed as the world's only natural memory foam. Has anyone heard of them? Thanks for taking the time to answer. -Michelle
Re: Essentia
Reply #47 Feb 20, 2011 10:35 PM
Hi-- I bought an essentia classic 8 on Feb 1. I tried this mattress at their store in Toronto and I really liked it. So far is taking forever to arrive, they told me to expect it delivered at the end of this week.

I’ll come back to this forum for updates once I get to sleep on it :)

Reply #48 Feb 27, 2011 2:25 PM
I got the mattress 5 days ago (a week later than promised), opened it up and put it together. It smells like rubber which it doesn't bother me. Unfortunatelly this bed is VERY hot for me. Furthermore, I'm waking up every morning with a backache. Essentia has another bed with more support (ca$3763+tax) but I can not afford it :( and still it would be too hot to sleep on.

The positive thing is that I can return it and I'll have to pay only a 2% recycling fee, arround $200. 

BUT I'm still dissapointed..

AnnaLucia wrote:

Hi-- I bought an essentia classic 8 on Feb 1. I tried this mattress at their store in Toronto and I really liked it. So far is taking forever to arrive, they told me to expect it delivered at the end of this week.

I’ll come back to this forum for updates once I get to sleep on it :)

This message was modified Feb 27, 2011 by AnnaLucia
Reply #49 Sep 2, 2012 7:45 PM
I recently went to the Essentia store in Santa Monica because i was curious if their memory foam would sleep hot.  I like some Tempurpedic beds but did not like the heat retention. The Essentia memory foam does not really strike me as a true memory foam. It springs back right away and does not leave an impression that lasts any length of time. It does succeed in giving a little less pushback than my Flobeds natural Talalay latex. I think somebody going to Essential and expecting a Tempurpedic experience will be disappointed. I found it difficult to descern any difference between the Essentia "memory foam" and a normal latex mattress.

Recent Posts