Beckley question
Sep 11, 2007 4:55 PM
I wanted to know if anyone on the Forum has tried out the Beckley Lambs Wool mattress.I know a couple of people own the Bristol and thought it was a very firm mattress that needed a topper for more comfort.I specifically want to know the difference in firmness of the Lambs wool VS the horsehair.Jeff
This message was modified Sep 11, 2007 by JCturboT
Re: Beckley question
Reply #19 Sep 21, 2007 3:07 PM
Bedbug- we did try both, and chose the Firm.  I was worried, and thought my husband would pick the medium firm- but he said no... the firm was just fine.  Of course- 5 months later he was the one that said he wanted some more padding on it for his joints.  We have the king, and it is better in regard to weight transfers- at least in regards to our old top of line simmons queen.

I still have to figure out the pillow situation now though, as we have the 2" memory foam.  Everynight I try something else, and still not happy. I still am having problems finding something suitable to go over the down topper. The down topper has the big elastic stays for the corners, and putting something over the topper would pose problems in stablizing it over the foam.  (unless I sewed my own corner elastic pieces..... um.. no.)
Reply #20 Sep 21, 2007 3:22 PM
Hey very sleepy:  Would a elastic strapped mattress pad not work then?  You can place the straps over the down topper and the memory foam and nothing has to go overtop. 
We are looking at a very thin Hastens mattress pad that has elastic straps.  I've seen others online as well.
Beach Lover:  Do you place anything on top of your Hastens topper?
Reply #21 Sep 21, 2007 3:52 PM
bedbug,
When we purchased the Hastens topper we bought the mattress protector.  It's a pretty good fit for the topper, but don't dry it because it will shrink.  I am not absolutely sure it is worth the money, but I have not looked for anything else.  The elastic straps fit neatly over the topper corners, and it is easy to take on and off.
Reply #22 Sep 21, 2007 4:15 PM
Thanks, it does seem expensive, but then most 100% cotton protectors with straps seemed to be about the same money........yikes.
Reply #23 Sep 29, 2007 7:54 AM
For anyone interested these are the prices I got from Tim at Beckley.

Dear Jeffrey,
The cost of a Bristol Mattress with divan boxspring is 1926,
Ashton is 1904,
York is 1946,
and a Lambs wool mattress with boxspring is 2226.
any other questions feel free to ask,
Tim

These are for the Queen sized mattress.

Jeff

Recent Posts