Popular Mattress Factory - El Paso, TX
May 27, 2008 2:54 PM
Does anyone have experience with their latex or Euro (latex over innerspring) mattresses?  They've been around since 1939 and I know my family has purchased conventional mattresses from them over the years.  Hesitant to order online from anyone - unable to test, hassle of repackaging, shipping expense and some with restocking fees.  Thought it might be the way to go since they are only 45 miles away...?
Re: Popular Mattress Factory - El Paso, TX
Reply #1 May 27, 2008 3:13 PM
I have never heard of this place but if they have a good reputation and if they latex is removable and exchangeable with no restocking fees, that may be a good way to go since they are close to your home.
Popular Mattress Factory - El Paso, TX
Reply #2 Jun 1, 2008 11:51 AM
We went to El Paso yesterday to Popular Mattress Factory.  Really nice staff, etc. but their latex mattresses were a disappointment.

The first "core" was PO foam (and didn't look like the highest quality), then about a 6" layer of latex, topped with two flimsy layers of PU and some poly batting. 

And to top it off, prices were similar to all-latex mattresses.  I just can't understand putting 20-yr latex on top of 2-yr PU.

What my husband DID like was the TempurPedic.  I had my doubts - the heat issue - but was willing to give it a try due to the reduced motion transfer.

We came back home at bought it at Mattress Firm since the price is controlled, delivery from El Paso costly and MattressFirms 90-day Sleep Guarantee.

I fell asleep instantly on the TempurPedic (usually toss & turn for 2 - 3 hours), slept like a baby for 2 hours, then woke up drenched.  Did o.k. later in the night when the house cooled off.  My husband said he wasn't hot, but his TempurPedic pillow that he LOVED at the store was too fat.  We'll five it a couple of weeks and see how we feel about it.

Recent Posts