Please help me pick a latex mattress:
Jul 30, 2008 11:20 AM
I can't figure out what the difference between the Posture Select Flobeds mattress and the SleepEz talalay blended 8500 mattress.
Why is the flobeds one $300 more?

What kind of latex is the longest lasting? Is blended worse than 100% natural?
Re: Please help me pick a latex mattress:
Reply #1 Jul 30, 2008 7:16 PM
Can anyone share why latex mattresses are so expensive as well? It's just rubber. I am pretty much sold on flobed, any discounts anyone can page me with?
Reply #2 Jul 31, 2008 12:39 PM
"Why is the flobeds one $300 more?"

My understanding is that the Flowbeds have a better comfort trade policy. Someone on this board who likes a firmer mattress went with the SleepEz which has a xfirm dunlop that they offer.

The cost of making and shipping latex is much much more than polyurethane foams.
Reply #3 Jul 31, 2008 2:36 PM
Thanks for your help!

I am pretty sure I want to go with SleepEz.
They are cheaper and offer free shipping. If I buy from flobeds, and have to return it, I would still be out $200 in shipping. With SleepEz it would cost $100 to return and $150 s&H. that's only a $50 difference. Of course there is the shorter try out period, but I think it seems like a better deal.

:)
Reply #4 Jul 31, 2008 3:00 PM
If you change your mind on liking Latex there is a restocking fee with SleepEZ.com but not with FloBeds.com. Nothing is perfect in the world. I know my Latex bed from FloBeds ended up costing less than SleepEZ.com due to three price adjustments when the bed went on sale three times and I had many latex exhanges not realizing how firm I needed the bed.  Also you can go with the blended latex from FloBeds to save money. I have 4 latex cores in the natural latex and two latex cores in the blended latex since I wanted two 44 ILD latex cores and I found out that neither caused me allergy problems.
Reply #5 Jul 31, 2008 3:00 PM
I just talked to Shaun and he said he would be getting rid of the restocking fee!
this is fabulous!
Reply #6 Aug 1, 2008 1:14 AM
That sounds like a great deal to me if there will be no restocking fee if you change your mind.

Recent Posts