Please help, I need some advice.
Sep 14, 2011 3:03 PM
I am looking for a new mattress and wondered if anyone has experience with the two I am seriously considering: the Englander Biltmore Bamboo and the PureFit or PureRelax memory foam mattresses from Relax the back. I have a back problem (two herniated lumbar discs) and have chronic back pain issues. Which would be a better fit for me?

Any recommendations (even for other mattresses) are welcomed. I am very confused about what to buy and don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks! :)

Re: Please help, I need some advice.
Reply #1 Sep 14, 2011 6:05 PM
Just make sure wherever you buy, they have a solid return policy.  30 day return policies are not cool (i.e. Sears).  90 day periods are much more tolerable.  Just in case.

I don't know how you sleep, but adjustable bases can be good for back sleepers.  To get your feet and torso up a little takes a load off a back.

I've had 4 days on a Tempurpedic Cloud.  It's supportive, soft and pressure relieving.  4 days is far too early to really know it., but good so far.

This message was modified Sep 14, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #2 Jul 11, 2014 8:51 PM
Did you end up buying the biltmore bamboo? We just bought the biltmore bamboo and were curious how you like it and if it has held up. I cant find much information about it at all.  Thanks.
Reply #3 Jul 24, 2014 9:23 PM

I have had the same issues, trying to sleep on uncomfortable mattresses. A strong suggestion is when shopping take 10 to 15 minutes rest on the mattress to let it shape to your body then have someone put their hand between the mattress and your body, depending on the distance it is either too firm, too soft or just right. Give it a try.http://www.brandsource.ca/bscen/inspiration/comfort-at-home/take-a-rest-test/

This message was modified Jul 28, 2014 by a moderator
Reply #4 Jul 27, 2014 7:36 AM
Trish.  Do you work for brandsource?  Mattdud

Reply #5 Sep 4, 2014 5:13 AM
I suggest an adjustable bed mattress even a lot of doctors recommend this type of mattress for those who suffer in back problems. This can substantially reduce back pain, neck pain, shoulder tension, pelvic aches. It can boost blood circulation, lessen leg and feet swelling, reduce back pain and breathing issues for asthma patients. Adjustable bed mattress the best mattress for back problem.

This message was modified Nov 21, 2019 by a moderator

Recent Posts