The perfect mattress for anyone with $$$$
Feb 10, 2008 9:35 AM
I'm serious:

http://www.duxbed.com/pdf_files/DUX%20Brochure.pdf

This essentially is what we are all shooting for, whether back, stomach or side sleepers. I don't even want to know what they cost, but if money didn't matter, this is the bed I would want, not the over-priced, over-hyped custom mattresses I read about these days. This is what I have been trying to create with my zoned latex project--Bollinger on a Bud budget. You can do it on a Pabst Blue Ribbon, Gennessee or Duff budget with HR foam and/or a firm coil system instead of latex for support layer(s), but the concept is the same. And it's been around for a while. Looking at the forum archives, I noticed that someone mentioned Duxiana to me last year. I didn't get my ideas from the site, but I'm sure it reinforced my thinking about the importance of zoning. Most mattress sites (including latex ones) have a lot of fluff, smoke and mirrors. Yes, there's also that on the dux site. But, if you understand the duxbed concepts, and pay attention to them as you analyze, shop for and/or construct your mattress, you'll be well on your way to a better night's sleep. JMO

Recent Posts