Pain with new Tempurpedic
Feb 9, 2012 12:45 PM
My husband and I purchased a tempurpedic Allura bed and we have been sleeping on it for a week.  We have been walking on it daily to help break it in.  My husband who is 5'10" and 165 pounds is sleeping fine on it.  It felt firm to him at first, but he feels like it is softening nicely.  I don't mind the feel, but I am having awful lower back pain through the night and during the days.  I am 5'8" and weigh 122 and am a side sleeper.  I have always suffered with back pain from running and we bought the Allura thinking the HD foam would be the most supportive.  However, I feel like I am not sinking in at all and so am not benefitting.  I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?  I was thinking that I might do better with the softer Cloud series but I still want it to be supportive enough for my husband.  We are going to give it at least 30 days to see if softens anymore but I am in a lot of pain.  The website says some pain is normal as your back adjusts but no one at tempurpedic can tell me how long that should last.  I wondered if anyone here had any advice or feedback.  Thanks.

Recent Posts