Not sleeping...need help
Oct 29, 2010 11:12 AM
I have always been a great sleeper, but since middle age  hormones have kicked in, my sleep quality has been terrible.  I wake up with swollen eyes and a tired body.  I now have mattress is 8+ year old mattress that is frim, and I am thinking of getting a new one.  But where to start?

Here are some of the issues:

Allergies

Side Sleeper with neck pain

Hot flashes [which may rule out memory foam]

Sleep with a snorer

Want a somewhat green mattress, or at least one that is mite resistant.

Any ideas or opinions are most welcome and really appreciated.

Re: Not sleeping...need help
Reply #1 Oct 29, 2010 4:02 PM
Well it's a pretty common refrain on this forum but from what you are describing it seems like latex over something (springs, latex, or HR polyfoam), depending on your preferences or budget, would suit you well. This with a layer of wool (which some studies indicate promotes a deeper sleep) may be a good solution to everything but the snoring and depending on the cause of the snoring it may even help there as well (along with other "snoring solutions" including some experimentation with pillows).

Phoenix

Re: Not sleeping...need help
Reply #2 Oct 29, 2010 4:03 PM
hi,

is the problem physical, or is it your mattress? would hate to have you ditch a good mattress.

there are many posts here to search through and a lot to learn, many here like latex, didn't work for me though. best of luck,

jasmine

Recent Posts