Newbie Latex Bed Help
Apr 20, 2010 3:06 PM
HI all!  First post here...  I've been lurking, reading, and researching using this site and others for the past several days and I'm so glad I found you all here. My hubby and I are looking at buying a new latex bed and it seems like such a major decision that I know I need help from people who know a lot more than me.  Here's a little about us:

We bought our last bed when we first got engaged, 6 years ago.  We picked a foam bed to help with his back and my neck issues. It owas great for a while, but has completely caved in and offers no support anymore.  This time around, we're looking at latex because we have a young son and are planning for a second child, so we'd like to minimize everyone's exposure to toxic chemicals from our bed.

I'm not brave enough to buy online, so I'm shopping locally.  My options seems to be Pure Rest-www.purerest.com (most expensive of the bunch), Land and Sky-www.landandsky.com (most affordable) and WJ Southard www.wjsouthard.com (most comfortable, but a little pricey and doesn't have interchangeable layers.)

Oh and I should add that we're both big boned germanic/swedish types.  And since we're planning another pregnancy, this bed we'll need to be seriously supportive.  Of course I'm a side sleeper (especially during pregnancy) so it'll need to be a little soft too.

I'm finding all the options completely overwhelming and since this is such a MAJOR purchase for us, I turn to y'all for help.  Help!  :-)  Do y'all have any recomendations or at least ideas to help make our decisions?

Thanks in advance,

-Amber

Recent Posts