new member 1st post
Oct 5, 2009 10:00 PM
Hello,
I stumbled upon this board last week looking for info
. I went looking for info because, a couple weeks ago my lower back started hurting really bad upon waking in the morning. I thought it was from work. I noticed that my wifes side of the bed felt better so I discovered that my side was worn. So I flipped the mattress and after sleeping that night I had almost no back pain the next day. I know that this wont last much longer so I decided I need a new mattress. The mattress I have now is from customcomfort here in socal. I bought one the most inexpensive ones they had in 2005 so it lasted a good 4 years it was around 300.00 It has
> Medium Coil
> Fiber Inner Body Padding
> Quilted Plush Top
Well after reading the many posts here I would like to go the DIY route, Im not knocking customcomfort, I just think I can get more for my money by DIY surgery.
I like jimsocal's idea as he has a coil mattress and put the sensus, latex, HR foam.
I see the sensus at overstock, the latex talalay at a few places sleeplikebear, sleepez, and foambymail huge difference in price, but I dont see the 1"HR foam could someone tell me where to purchase that.
If i go with FBM for the talalay and overstocks sensus that puts the cost at 220.00 not bad.
I'll post pics when I start this.

Recent Posts