Need some help
May 6, 2009 11:33 AM
I have an Ikea Sultan Forsen mattress (description below) and except for maybe the first month or two, I haven't really had a good night's sleep on it. I don't have a lot of money so I put up with the upper back pain.

Recently, the pain has become unbearable and I sleep very lightly and wake up very tired. I know this may sound strange but I am not sure if the pain is from the mattress being too hard or too soft. My guess is that it's mostly too hard because I wake up feeling like I have been body slammed on my upper back area. But my hips also hurt and that could be because it's a little too soft for weight in that area. The back pain is much worse than the slight annoyance from the hip pain.

I don't want to spend a lot of money and thought maybe I could get a mattress topper or thicker mattress pad before looking into another bed. Will this fix the problem or should I skip it and get a bed?

Sultan Forsen (foam mattress; I don't know what kind of foam):

Egg-shaped surface gives support. Foam with a cotton/polyester cover. Height: 3 and 7/8 inches.

This message was modified May 6, 2009 by jusme

Recent Posts