Need opinion on a mattress bought
Feb 25, 2010 10:59 AM
I purchased a Simmons ComforPedic Advantage Ranger  earlier this week. I really liked it's firmness but now I am not sure if it's quality is any good. As I can hardly find anything about it on the internet in terms of reviews and specs. Also I found it to be 160 dollars less than what I paid for which bothers me. So here I am wondering if I should look for something else, I paid about 700 for it and I just want something to last me at least 4-5 years and still provide me comfort as I wake up with a lot of lower back pain and soreness in the morning thanks to my current mattress.

Please help!
Re: Need opinion on a mattress bought
Reply #1 Feb 25, 2010 12:02 PM
LimonPani wrote:
I purchased a Simmons ComforPedic Advantage Ranger  earlier this week. I really liked it's firmness but now I am not sure if it's quality is any good. As I can hardly find anything about it on the internet in terms of reviews and specs. Also I found it to be 160 dollars less than what I paid for which bothers me. So here I am wondering if I should look for something else, I paid about 700 for it and I just want something to last me at least 4-5 years and still provide me comfort as I wake up with a lot of lower back pain and soreness in the morning thanks to my current mattress.

Please help!

How do they come up with these names?  Advantage Ranger?

So, can you return it?  That is not totally clear from your description.  At that price, and knowing it was made by an S company, you can be pretty sure that the foam quality is not good. Therefore, fairly quickly the foam will start to break down and provide less support.  This can cause back pain, if you have a sensitive back (which it sounds like you might).   If it is very firm (much less foam), it might work, possibly with a latex topper if you want it a bit softer.

I bought a fairly new Sealy that my friend paid $800 for.  After a few days I knew I did not like the foam.  So, I cut the top off, pulled out the junky foam, and put in 3" of decent latex and 1" of memory foam.  Now, it is a decent mattress, but it did take some investment.

What is you current mattress?  Firmness?  Pillowtop?

Reply #2 Feb 25, 2010 12:13 PM
I was able to find the following at <a href="http://www.us-mattress.com/simmons-ranger-fm.html"target="_blank">US Mattress.com</a>

Simmons Comfort Advantage Ranger Firm

ABOUT THIS MATTRESS
Comfort
Quilt - Top of Mattress
Comfort - Padding Layers
Correct Back Support System
Foundation - Box Spring
Mattress Set Height Information
Warranty
Hope this helps,
Natalie
This message was modified Feb 25, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #3 Feb 25, 2010 4:22 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses. Good thing is I can still return it. However I am at a loss what to look and where. Seems like the local stores are not an option. I just simply want something that fits my needs as I am finding it harder and harder to wake up in the morning. What is recommended for someone with a 500-850 dollar range. I saw a cheaper one at Sam's Club but I am finding that maybe memory foam is out of my price range(well a good one).
Reply #4 Feb 25, 2010 4:52 PM
LimonPani wrote:
Thank you all for the quick responses. Good thing is I can still return it. However I am at a loss what to look and where. Seems like the local stores are not an option. I just simply want something that fits my needs as I am finding it harder and harder to wake up in the morning. What is recommended for someone with a 500-850 dollar range. I saw a cheaper one at Sam's Club but I am finding that maybe memory foam is out of my price range(well a good one).

Some people have liked the 10" Sleep Science at Costco.   That has memory foam, if that is what you want.  Not sure if it will last over the long haul.  Costco will let you return it if you are not satisfied.  It is on sale, and probably a better value / higher quality than the one you are loooking at.  It may take more than a month to get it though.

At some point Costco may bring back a latex mattress that they had on sale in December.

Reply #5 Feb 25, 2010 4:57 PM
Unfortunately I do not have a Costco around, what is the word on Sams Club Memory foam mattresses. Like, Nature's Sleep or Sleep Visco?
Reply #6 Feb 25, 2010 6:30 PM
LimonPani wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have a Costco around, what is the word on Sams Club Memory foam mattresses. Like, Nature's Sleep or Sleep Visco?

you go to costco.com and buy it, if you dont have a membership i think you can buy one online, only $50
Reply #7 Feb 25, 2010 8:47 PM
If I did not like it would they pick it up?
This message was modified Feb 25, 2010 by LimonPani

Recent Posts