NEED HELP. Please recommend a extermely high quality mattress.
Apr 26, 2009 11:25 AM
I have been looking for a extremely high quality mattress. Here are my requirements

Size: Queen size
Features: Must be able to comfortably + independently support sleepers, one rollover/movement would absolutely not disturb the other.
I am open mind to any new mattress technologies as long as it can independently support each sleeper (i.e. 5000+ separate/pocketed coils..etc)
Location: Ideally Canada location (Toronto, Ontario). If my ideal mattress is for sale only in US, I am open mind.
Budget: None at the moment.

I know next to nothing about the current mattress brands or mattress technologies. Any info would be grateful
Thanks.
This message was modified Apr 26, 2009 by zollen
Re: NEED HELP. Please recommend a extermely high quality mattress.
Reply #11 Jun 17, 2009 6:32 PM
Kait wrote:
I did a search on Google and came up with a manufacturer called Hypnos beds.  They handmake their beds and seem to have no polyfoam in them.  Their site is http://www3.telus.net/public/araam/hypnos/hypnosstory.pdf<BR>They look pretty expensive, but maybe worth checking out.  They use pocketed coils, which are the type that does not transfer motion.  They offer different firmnesses of the coils, too, but be careful of that.  The higher the number, the thinner the gauge, and possibly the quicker they'd wear out.  <BR>Anyway, just a FYI.  Let us know what you find!<BR>Kait

Hypnos are a good brand, using good quality materials and techniques to make a good quality and long lasting bed. the number of springs going up is not directly related to the gauge of wire used going down, it can also be a combination of diffrent nesting patterns used and also posturefill (like a layer of topping that contains pocked springs usually about 3 coils deep) layers or some companys using the spring count in the base to 'bulk up' the total.

saying that, it can also be a lighter gauge wire is used but importantly this does not mean a shorter lifespan as each spring is holding less weight and thus under less pressure.

Recent Posts