Need a cool pillow for the Tempur
Oct 18, 2010 5:13 PM
Hi all, does anyone know of a pillow that is designed for hot sleepers? I have a natura latex pillow and a tempur one and I find them too hot my neck gets sweaty with them.
Re: Need a cool pillow for the Tempur
Reply #1 Oct 21, 2010 1:03 PM
Have you tried a wool-filled pillow yet?  Natura makes one, as well as Holy Lamb Organics.  There are also 100% silk pillows, these are spendy but they are divine!  Be warned that even their "super sized" pillow would be considered low profile by most standards, and their regular ones are downright flat:  http://www.kumikookoon.com/index.php?cPath=6

Which Natura latex pillow do you have?  The one with the solid latex core or the shredded?

Reply #2 Oct 21, 2010 2:00 PM
I use down pillows, and I never seem to be bothered by it being hot.  I am not sure if down is good for that or not.  I would think it is a strong insulator so maybe it would be hot.  But it is also breathable as well.

Budgy, and thoughts and recommendations?

This message was modified Oct 22, 2010 by sandman
Reply #3 Oct 21, 2010 4:33 PM
really high quality down will let body vapour pass right through it...personally I don't find it hot at all.  However it is an incredible insulator which also means it will be warm in terms of just keeping dry warm air next to you.  You could also try a cotton pillow, alpaca, wool, silk.  Although in my experience all of these fills are firmer than a softer latex pillow or especially compared to down.  Cotton being the firmest fill, followed by silk, wool, and then alpaca being the lightest and softest of the bunch in general. 

Do you know which Natura latex pillow you have?  I am curious because some have wool liners around the rubber cores, some do not.

Recent Posts