Need to buy a new mattress
Dec 11, 2007 9:43 AM
HI, I am new to the forum.  Hubby and I bought a Sealy Influence king size mattress a year and a half ago and it was a very firm mattress.  Hubby did not like it.  We have given that mattress set to our 14 year old son.  Two weeks ago, hubby and I went and bought a Select Comfort 5000 king size bed.  I HATE it.  Hubby likes it, doesn't love it but he likes it much better than the Sealy.  The select comfort I feel is a glorified air mattress and it is hurting at the top of my spinal cord along my shoulder area.  I called Select comfort today and they are coming to get it in about a week.   Testing that mattress is costing us about $400. 

Now I am in search of a new mattress set.  I went to a Serta store and really didn't like any of them.  I did go to another mattress store that carried several brands and really like the Simmons Beautyrest Black.  The king size is about $2,800 and I am going to try and get the manager to go down a little on that price.  I did try the Tempurpedic and we both did not like that.  We like a firm but a little soft mattress.  The salesman lead us to the Simmons and we both liked it.  I need to check out Sealys before we make our decision.  Anyone have any advice for us?  I didn't realize how hard making a decision on a mattress would be. 

Thanks

Laura

Recent Posts