moving to oklahoma buying mattresses - need help
Apr 30, 2010 11:02 PM
After reading tons on this site I am very intriguied by flobeds. BUT...

Basically, we are moving to Oklahoma, in need of new mattresses (1 king, 1 crib, probably 1 double) and I have requirements/questions...

1- I was thinking latex for the king because of offgassing and comfort.  Both my husband and I are side sleepers. I have some serious pressure point issues (shoulder, hip). I definitely do not want PU foam.

2- We currently sleep with an 8 month old, and will likely sleep with another little one a couple of years.  Our 3 yr old sleeps in a crib, but will be moving to a double bed. Our current mattress is IKEA latex, the cheapest one, very thin, and my shoulder and hips ache every morning. Also, I should add my husband needs a bed that will deal well with sweat ;)

3- Should I worry about buying organic if I buy latex? The allergies/chenicals issue really matters to me.  Can anyone recommend a quality organic crib mattress?

4- My husband doesn't like the idea of buying online.  He wants to be able to lay on it in a store first.  Can anyone recommend stores in Oklahoma where we can lay on beds somewhat comparable to those online -- like flobeds?  Does anyone know of organic/more natural mattresses in oklahoma?

5- I found one furniture store selling "LADY AMERICANA/Eco Comfort King Mattress/Eco Comfort Sanctuary King Mattress" ever heard of this?

Thanks so much.  All of the postings in this forum are so helpful. I am totally ovewhelmed with moving across the country with 2 kids and no beds!

Recent Posts