The Mattress Upsell - Who's using Mattress protectors, etc
Feb 21, 2008 5:22 PM
Just wondering....

Between adding the waterproof mattress protector and then the cotton one ontop, etc.
Did you guys put a cheapie on or the upsell ones that the vendor offers, etc.

I don't eat at all in the bed so I'm not expecting any food spills or stains. And no kids or pets to boot YET....

I think the waterproof mattress protector and cotton one combo was like $190'ish
Re: The Mattress Upsell - Who's using Mattress protectors, etc
Reply #1 Feb 22, 2008 6:16 AM
If body fluids are not a concern I don't think a waterproof mattress protector is necessary. I do think it's a good idea to use some kind of mattress pad/protector in the interest of keeping your mattress clean and sanitary.

The mattress protectors the vendors sell are no better, and sometimes not as good as, the ones you can shop for yourself in any department store bedding department --and often at a really good sale price. I'm kind of fussy about the way things feel. Diamond quilting can make the mattress feel hard and uncomfortable, producing a trampoline effect. I like cotton mattress pads with wide horizonal banded quilting. They feel softer and have more give. Unless you don't want to be bothered shopping around just say no thanks to the one the mattress store tries to sell you.

Recent Posts