Mattress for two
Apr 19, 2008 6:11 PM
I am hoping to get a latex mattress, probably from FloBeds, in a couple of months. We currently have a queen-sized spring mattress that caves in in the middle. It is quite uncomfortable as we end up sleeping on a slope! Plus, I've had trouble sleeping lately because of my hubby flopping and breathing, LOL!

What I am wondering is: Does a latex mattress with two sides configured separately help to reduce the motion transfer from a spouse flopping around? Will there be no dip in the middle? Also, would a larger mattress, say a California King, help reduce being disturbed by the other person?

Thanks!

Re: Mattress for two
Reply #1 Apr 19, 2008 6:27 PM
From my experience the latex split cores with my queen topper really helps me sleep and I am a light sleeper.  Sometimes I have my little dog sleep with me and when I had a regular spring mattress she would wake me up everytime she moved.   Now I do not even know when she moves. I am trying to keep her downstairs out of my bedroom since the pollen season is here and I have pollen allergies. She does not shed so in the winter time she does not bother my allergies but she loves walks in the summer time. I know others with partners that are light sleepers and are sleeping great now that they have a Fiobed.  I really think the split cores helps and the fact the bed is make of latex cores.  I am looking forward to hearing other comments of other latex bed owners. Due to the pine split slat foundation and the split cores there is no dip in the middle of the bed and I love the support of the legs in the middle of the bed. 
Reply #2 Apr 25, 2008 8:35 PM
Thanks Lynn!

Does anyone else have comments to share on this topic?

Reply #3 May 2, 2008 10:11 PM
Yes, latex will have almost no "transfer of motion".

Yes, a latex mattress with different firmnesses for each partner will have almost zero transfer of motion from one partner to the other.

Yes, a King size bed will give you even more relief from your partner's movements.

Make sure you don't notice allergies from the latex (some people do) and be prepared that one of you might hate the feel of a latex core mattress, as I do. (At least a Talalay latex core; I have not yet tried a Dunlop or jungle latex core.

Recent Posts