Mattress prices going higher?
Oct 22, 2010 10:55 AM
I keep reading about how commodity prices are going up.  Cotton recently at the highest price since the civil war.  Rubber prices have gone up a fair amount.    Steel prices have rebounded.  Not sure about wool, but I think that is up too.

Budgy, are you seeing suppliers trying to push for price increases?  I think that would be the case, especially for ones that use a lot of latex and cotton.

Re: Mattress prices going higher?
Reply #1 Oct 22, 2010 11:54 AM
i have heard recently of rubber prices going up.  however we have not seen any increases from our suppliers...yet.  We actually had a price drop with Natura and some select Tempur models in Canada the past year. although it could be completely unrelated to the American market. 
Re: Mattress prices going higher?
Reply #2 Oct 22, 2010 12:30 PM
Part of it is also the weak U.S. dollar, so maybe less pressure in Canada.  With consumer spending still lackluster, I think they will try to not pass through commodity price increases for a while.  If/when the economy picks up I would not be surprised to see some price increases.  I think Sleepez bumped up their latex mattress prices a couple of months ago.

Recent Posts