Looking for right mattress for my 95 year young Mother and counting:)
Feb 11, 2014 12:56 AM
My mother is my role model and God has so chosen to let her stay around for a long time. She needs a better mattress to sleep on. I want to get the best, not necessairly the most expensive, mattress that will meet her specific needs. She is not very mobile, lives in Assisted Living facility. She is currently sleeping on a rented hospital bed that has one of those 'bars' that she can pull herself up with. But she says she needs more room and the bed is hard to get in and out. A lower bed but not one just off the floor.  She is about 5 ft 2 but about 200+ pounds and a bit stooped over.

I am one who is easy to get along with, "except" my mother's needs. What do I mean? Buying a new mattress/bed is good example. I refuse and will not consider changing my position, I refuse to randomly select some mattress company/store, go to the store and listen to some sales person try to get me to pay him or her for being pleasant and wearing a mask like they know something about mattresses. I don't believe 95% of those selling beds and mattresses know anything about what they are selling. My mother's sleep and health is worth far too much to listen to some idiot sales person try to persuade me they know anything because they don't. Otherwise I am a person who can get along with anyone:)

I live in Houston, TX and my mother in League City. How do I find someone who is a proven certified expert who has years of experience and had training with the best of the mattress companies and has been in the business at least 20 years?  I sent an email to Sealy asking for help and never heard from them.

Thanks for your time and possible suggestions you may have.

Recent Posts