Latex Toppers
Nov 21, 2010 5:43 PM
I originally put this in the Plushbeds thread but I thought it was probably more appropriate that it had it's own. I'll add more for Dunlop and other thicknesses as I have the chance or find out more from some of the companies I didn't include because they don't have prices listed on their website.

If anyone has any other good sources for latex toppers that offer good prices or choices ... or even special time limited pricing as they come up ... they would certainly be welcomed

Phoenix

Here's a few talalay latex topper choices for reference. These are all 3" and quoted in queen size.

Blended Talalay:

http://www.sleeplikeabear.com/product/TX-03-QN  $441 LI Blended Talalay. No cover. Natural and Celsion available for more. Widest selection of ILD's. Free Shipping

http://www.mattresses.net/rejuvenite-queen-talalay-latex-mattress-topper.html  $349 LI Rejuvenite Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Natural Talalay available for more. Plus Shipping

http://www.sleepez.com/latex-mattress-pads.htm  $420 LI Blended Talalay. Stretch velour cover. Natural Talalay available for more. Free Shipping  On Ebay for $395 Returns?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10340594&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|93|1924&N=4008990&Mo=10&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=4257&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=  $329.99 ? Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Made in Canada so could be Dunlopillo? Free Shipping

http://www.foambymail.com/LatexTQueen.html  $328.98 Blended Talalay. Terry cloth cover. Covers ordered separately. Some question if they ship what they advertise. Made in Europe so likely Radium? Free Shipping

http://www.myfoammattress.com/products/latex_topper_pads.html  $305 LI Blended Talalay. No cover. Free Shipping

http://www.livingincomfort.com/mm34378.html  $399 LI Blended Talalay. Organic cotton cover. Free Shipping

Natural Talalay:

http://www.plushbeds.com/natural-latex-topper-mattress-pad-p-106.html  $429 Says Natural Talalay but the descriptions sounds more like Dunlop? I have my doubts. No cover. Free Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Latex-Foam-Topper-Mattress-Pad/dp/B003EI9UPG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290326543&sr=8-2  $349 Plushbeds on Amazon for less. No cover. $41.99 Shipping. Could these be returns?

http://www.stlbeds.com/3inch-mattress-topper-plb.html  $389.99  LI Natural Talalay. Premium cover. Free Shipping

http://www.selectfoam.com/latex-foam-toppers.html  $399 ? Natural Talalay. No cover. Free Shipping

You will also find 3" Talalay toppers on Ebay ... including some who sell factory seconds for quite a bit less.

There are quite a few other sources available but I didn't include them either because they were higher than these in price, didn't have 3", or didn't have prices on their website (even though I suspect some of these may be less).

If someone either wanted Dunlop or a different thickness, then there are many more options besides these.

Phoenix

This message was modified Today by Phoenix
This message was modified Nov 24, 2010 by Phoenix
Re: Latex Toppers
Reply #1 Nov 23, 2010 6:54 AM
Phoenix wrote:

http://www.livingincomfort.com/mm34378.html
  $399 LI Rejuvenite Blended Talalay. Premium cover. Free Shipping

This message was modified Today by Phoenix

I bought this topper from them, and it is NOT Rejuvenite.  Because Rejuvenite topper only has two type of ILD, but livingincomfort offers 3 types.  If you read their listing carefully it says "product may vary slightly from image."  Just letting others know when I called and ask them who manufactures the topper, they said its generic.  If I would of called before buying, and did a lot more research, I would of not buy from them.  When I received the product, I was sad to find out the cover is made by Royale Komfort Beddings, Inc. and the tag has the company's information and says Urethane Latex.  I order Extra Firm 40 ILD, but it sure feels soft.  I wonder if they sent me Medium 24 ILD because there is no tag that tells me the ILD rating or who is the manufacture.  Just becareful when buying online, if you want LI latex buy from a reputable company with a good return policy.

This message was modified Nov 23, 2010 by ATR1978
Reply #2 Nov 23, 2010 3:07 PM
Thank you for your feedback. I couldn't agree with you more about how important it is to talk with an online outlet before you buy anything from them and to make sure about any return policy they have. I will include a note of caution beside my posting similar to the note I included about foambymail :)

If I had been in a similar situation I would have returned it and I would have given them a pretty "strong" argument that in this case they should pay the return shipping costs. If it was recent (within their 30 day return policy) let them know that they are the subject of a forum discussion that could influence a lot of people regarding buying from them and that they "should" refund your money including shipping as a "sign of goodwill" to make up for what was clearly a misleading picture and description.

I am making up a similar list for Dunlop as well.

Thanks again.

Phoenix

Reply #3 Nov 23, 2010 3:27 PM
As a quick followup to this (because things like this bug me) I made 2 quick phone calls. First to Latex International to tell them that someone may be misrepresenting their product. She took down the website and thanked me and said she would follow up with this. Her tone and responsiveness indicated that she would probably at least call them. As you mentioned, LI only sells their rejuvenite topper in 2 ILD's which are 19 and 28.

I then phoned livingincomfort and talked with them about what you had said. The person I talked with was surprised at several levels (I told him I had talked with LI, that he was he subject of a large forum discussion, and because their product was probably not rejuvenite) and quite concerned that someone was following up with this. I also told him that based on your descriptions it may not even be LI talalay (their site also says 70/30 blend which would be LI blended Talalay). He told me that with this product someone else actually does the shipping for him and that he would follow up and get to the bottom of this specifically. To his (small) credit he was very responsive to my concerns on the phone. I will post here when he returns my call.

It may be a good time to call him and get a refund :)

Phoenix

This message was modified Nov 23, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #4 Nov 23, 2010 3:50 PM
I received a phone call back from Josh who runs the website. He talked with his supplier and here is what he said.

He understood my concerns about the picture and agreed to remove it and replace it with a more generic picture. This particular topper is Latex International blended Talalay but it is not their rejuvenite label. His supplier orders the raw cores (same material as Rejuvenite) and then covers them locally. He did mention correctly that the website says the picture may not be completely accurate and my response was that showing a particular brand incorrectly was "over the line" and he agreed.

We had a good discussion and he listened carefully and was in no way evasive and was very concerned about his reputation and the service he provided. He understands the kind of outlets that are "out there" and does not want to be lumped in with the "less reputable" ones. I have to in all fairness say I was very satisfied with his response.

He also mentioned he had talked with you this morning (or at least he was assuming it was you) and I asked him if in this case he would also refund your shipping as a gesture of goodwill and not to set a precedent. He agreed and said he would call you.

So with the picture changed so it doesn't show an incorrect brandname and with his level of responsiveness and desire to do the "right thing", I will change the listing to show it is generic but not make any comments that may indicate he is in any way less than reputable. This conversation confirms a previous conversation I had with him where he was also very responsive and open about his products.

Phoenix

This message was modified Nov 23, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #5 Nov 24, 2010 4:12 AM
Hey Phoenix,

I didn't have time to call them, but was in the process of packaging the item to get it shipped out.  And I was caught off guard when I got an email from them telling me they would cover the shipping expense.  I was thinking what a great company, so I didn't know that you called them.  Now I realized what has happen and I am grateful to you for that.  All thanks to you, livingincomfort has made things right. 

Thanks

This message was modified Nov 24, 2010 by ATR1978
Reply #6 Nov 24, 2010 4:49 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I checked the website and he has indeed removed the label on the picture. I changed the description to say "organic cotton cover".

Overall I'd say this has turned out well and it's nice to see a reputable merchant that takes the high road and does the right thing. There are many out there who wouldn't have.

Phoenix

Reply #7 Dec 15, 2010 2:21 PM
Thought I would check in here since I used this thread to pick out my topper.

I ordered a Plush Rejuvenite Latex topper (3" Cal King, $422 Shipped) to go on top of my Costco Sleep Science 10" Cal King Dunlop Latex Mattress ($1247 Shipped) We only have slept on it for one night so far, but the results are very positive.

I have actually had the sleep science mattress for about 8 months, but we were using a queen unknown ILD latex topper with it since my girlfriend and I found the bed much too firm. It took me forever to decide on the topper, partially because I was recovering from the money spent on the mattresses and bedroom set and partially because I wasn't sure what ILD the queen was, which we both enjoyed that combination a ton, aside from losing the space gained by the cal king.

After seeing this thread, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Rejuvenite plush topper. It definitely feels softer than our existing one, but it doesn't seem to be lacking support. I feel the combination of a thick firm dunlop base (which feels very springy) and a plush topper is a great mix. The dunlop reminds me of having a spring mattresses without the coils, while the talalay rejuvenite topper provides the plush comfort layer that I can sink into without feeling like there is nothing supporting me underneath (no PU foam here!). Overall my girlfriend and I are very pleased with our new setup, although obviously a few more nights of sleep are needed to make a full recommendation. In the end we ended up with a 13" Solid Latex California King bed for just shy of $1700, which would have only gotten me an 8in Cal King bed from most retailers.

As an aside for anyone who is interested, here is my buying experience with mattresses.net (Arizona Premium Mattress Company):

I ordered the topper November 25th (Thanksgiving Weekend). I received and order confirmation almost immediately, although no shipping estimate or notice of stock. About 2 weeks later I received a notice from UPS that I had a package coming from Arizona Premium Mattress Company. The day it was supposed to be delivered... they had forgotten to put the unit # for my condo on the package and it was sent back to the local UPS facility. I picked it up from UPS the next day (2.5 Weeks after order) in a swollen box. Inside the box, the topper was folded in half and rolled up, although not vacuum sealed. I had to cut the box off around the topper, cut the bag off and despite the less than stellar look of the box, a pristine topper came out, smelling of a weird vanilla cake smell (typical of latex). Overall I would say the shipping was a little bit slow, and communication was definitely lacking, but there were no serious problems with my order. In the end the product I received was dead on what I was hoping for. I also really like the cover on the latex (which I opened to see a uniform piece of Talalay inside. My old Queen topper had no cover, and split in half at a seam sometime around 5 years ago.

BTW im 5'8 170lbs, my GF is 5'8 145lbs

This message was modified Dec 15, 2010 by Carachi

Recent Posts