Latex Questions
Dec 28, 2013 9:23 PM
- Would someone explain the difference please between talalay and Dunlop latexes?

I'm looking to purchase 2" or 3" of latex as a topper (100% NATURAL as I am allergic to polyurethane foams, formaldehydes and VOCs.)

I found another thread here with Massachusetts manufacturers and retailers (would LOVE to cut out the middle man if possible because of the high cost) but does anyone know of cheaper places in MA or places online to buy it? And can I trust the ILD and products online? I can't afford the return costs.

Thanks for any experience or suggestions. 

Re: Latex Questions
Reply #1 Jan 2, 2014 10:12 PM
From the feel of the both. Talalay has a more buoyant, weightless and feather-like feel. Most importantly, the Talalay process creates a more consistent level of comfort that guarantees the bed in your home feels precisely like the one in the showroom. Dunlop has a denser and less buoyant feel. Some people describe this as a "dead" feel. The Dunlop process allows the particles in the material to settle to the bottom of the mold making it firmer on one side and less consistent overall.
Re: Latex Questions
Reply #2 Jan 5, 2014 7:51 AM
The following thread has some information that might be helpful to you.  You can also use the "Search" function to look for other information on this subject.

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/answer-whats-best-mattress/6097-0-1.html

This message was modified Jan 5, 2014 by Sall

Recent Posts