Latex Mattress Q's
Jun 5, 2011 10:46 PM
Hi, I'm new around here! Sorry for the long post..

I'm currently using a 10-15(not sure exactly, I've used it for 7) year old innerspring mattress, and it has started to sag a bit in the middle. Also, it's rather...noisey.

I'm thinking about getting a latex mattress, but I'm not sure what to buy. My budget is about $1,000 for a queen sized, preferably all latex. My initial thought was the ikea sultan erfjord, but I'm not sure about it's quality (seeing how it's from ikea). I also haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews by people who have owned it for a long period of time.

I also checked out various mattress stores, but either I'm not sure if I'm getting a good mattress (yeah, sleepys, give me a 50% discount on everything...) or it was way out of my price range (2,000-5,000 for a queen)

I'm not opposed to a DIY solution from FBM or other company, but I'm not sure what all I'd need. I'd guess I'd need to grab a core and a topper of some sort, which from FBM would run me about $900, but I'm not really in the market for major customization, I don't need different softness on different sides, or anything complex. Just a little on the firm side thank you.

I'm also not opposed to an online mattress if it's in the price range and has a 'money-back' return policy (instead of just an 'exchange' one). I was thinking something from http://latexmattressshop.com/ would work, since they have a 60 day refund policy, I'm not sure a warranty after the first month really matters (since they're mostly pro-rated or won't cover the problem anyway)

In non-latex mattresses, I've tried out the keetsa cloud mattress in their store, and it was fairly comfortable, but I couldn't seem to find any long-term reviews on how it holds up (and since it's memory foam I have my doubts). I tend to be a little warmer than average sleeping, which is another negative to memory foam (for me). Lots of people on yelp seem to love keetsa, however.

Any suggestions/help would be welcome.

Recent Posts