Just bought Serta Vera Wang Latex on clearance, but its too soft!! Help!!
Jul 22, 2010 8:06 PM
I JUST bought a Serta Vera Wang Latex "Cushion Firm" mattress on clearance yesterday (7/21).  Supposedly originally priced at $3,500, I paid $1,200 for it.  It felt great in the store, but after brining it home and sleeping one night on it I realize its too soft for my personal needs.  I think I need something like a plush firm and this is more like a plush Eurotop or pillowtop, and I have disc and sciatica issues with my back, so this level of support just won't cut it.  For a person who likes a plush mattress, this thing could be a dream, but for me its now a nightmare.

Because it was on clearance I cannot make use of the exchange policy that Sleepy's offers.  So here I am stuck with a 1-day old mattress that I can't use and $1,200 worth of debt that I couldn't afford in the first place.

I'm VERY discouraged for a few reasons.  One, because I saw this amazing deal and stretched my willingness to go softer than I should have.  I'm a pretty savvy buyer but I shot myself in the foot on this one.  I bought on impulse and should have played it safe and gotten a spring bed that I could afford, and had the return policy intact.  Instead I was enamored by the fact that I was getting a $3,500 mattress at such a great price.  And two, because I explained in detail to the sales person what my back issues were, and literally begged the guy to help me please find something that will be good for me.  I put my trust in them, and despite the fact that I was going to buy a mattress from them no matter what, they somehow allowed me to walk out the door with something they probably knew wasn't right for my personal needs.

So I'm here for one of two reasons:

1.  In case anybody is looking for a mattress like this who might be interested in buying it from me.  I have the paperwork to show when I purchased it (7/21), and put a mattress cover on it right away.  This thing is flawless.  My mistake can be your gain.  I am willing to take a loss and hopefully recoup $1,000 of my $1,200, but I know its a long shot.  If you're in Massachusetts and remotely interested in this let me know and I can send pictures or talk it through.

OR

2.  Advice.  Am I screwed here, or do I have any options?

I am desperate.  My back pain is horrible.  I am getting no more than 5 hours of sleep a night and am always tired and in pain.  This was a VERY big deal to me.  I was SO excited to finally get the rest and comfort I needed and I messed up.  If there's ANYTHING that can be done for this I would be SO beyond grateful.  This is my day to day life and vitality here.  I can't afford to throw this away and buy a new one, and my old mattress is gone.

Thanks in advance for anybody willing to hear me out, or help.

Recent Posts