Jimsocal or others: Annyone with lower back pain try PU, polyurethane, standard foam, HR High Resiliency, HD HIgh density foam topper?
Aug 14, 2010 7:48 AM
Jimsocal... don't I recall you having tried plain old PU polyurethane foam for a top cushion layer?  How did that work out?

I am not making much progress having tried many variations of soft to medium lates and memory foam from 1-3 inches over a firm base for my 170 lb back and side slde sleeper with lower back pain.

Almost every medium to firm non-latex or Memory Foam mattress in the showrooms ... and almost every mattress I sleep on in even cheap hotels... feel better than whatever my last experiment at home feels like.

They all have conventional foam comfort layers... and the few that publish what's in side it is several progressive layers of conventional foam in thin layers... down to a half inch on top.

I am wondering if some combo of conventional foam layers might work, but very few suppliers are selling thin layers.. because a half inch of anything isn't a one size fits all solution, I suppose.

Thanks Jim and everyone else for your thoughts.

Sleepless in Atlanta.... shovel

This message was modified Aug 14, 2010 by shovel99

Recent Posts