I've been sleeping just wonderfully lately!
Apr 24, 2008 9:08 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but I've sure been slumbering nicely. So much so that my husband complains that I snore. :) Well, that makes BOTH of us! He's just more sensitive to it. No problem. He just finishes sleeping in the guestroom. In the meantime, I've been so comfortable with my mattress/topper configuration. Even with the chronic sacroiliac issues, I still sleep pretty darn good! Part of it might be because I'm trying to go to bed earlier--by midnight at the latest, preferably earlier if I can. Whatever it is, I'm LOVING it! I just hope it continues.
Re: I've been sleeping just wonderfully lately!
Reply #1 Apr 24, 2008 10:47 PM
BeddyBye, That is wonderful. There is nothing like having a good night's sleep and waking up without pain and feeling refreshed.
Reply #2 Apr 24, 2008 10:59 PM
BeddyBye,

You have certainly worked hard enought to deserve a lifetime of  "slumbering nicely". It was reading posts from people like you that gave me  hope that my bursitis and sacro pain could be eradicated with the right sleep surface. I've been sleeping really great lately after experimenting with my mattress for 3 months.  I'm thrilled for you and hope your great sleep continues!

Sabra

Reply #3 Apr 25, 2008 8:30 PM
I'm glad you've also been sleeping great lately, Sabra. It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do. And, it does take some work trying to figure it all out sometimes. I envy those who can buy a mattress and have it feel excellent from the first night and for the next 10-15 years or so. But, I really do feel as we age and our bodies change this is becoming more and more NOT the norm. This is why I'm so glad that I have the option to tweak the inside of my mattress, as well as add a topper as needed.

Keep up the good sleep! I sure hope to!

Sabra wrote:
BeddyBye,</p><p>You have certainly worked hard enought to deserve a lifetime of  &quot;slumbering nicely&quot;. It was reading posts from people like you that gave me  hope that my bursitis and sacro pain could be eradicated with the right sleep surface. I've been sleeping really great lately after experimenting with my mattress for 3 months.  I'm thrilled for you and hope your great sleep continues!</p><p>Sabra
Reply #4 Apr 26, 2008 12:06 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, Lynn! Fingers crossed that it will last. :)

Lynn2006 wrote:
BeddyBye, That is wonderful. There is nothing like having a good night's sleep and waking up without pain and feeling refreshed.
Reply #5 May 2, 2008 9:53 PM
Glad to hear it! Congrats!

I'm sleeping better myself, but have decided that "okay" is about the best I can expect until I solve or at least improve my back/arm/neck/shoulder problems,which at this point no one even knows what the problem IS.

However, after experimenting with just about every known combination of ILD's and types of foam, I think what I have now is about as good as I can get. However, NOW I think I may have an allergy issue to some of the foam ! (???) See my post on that...

Reply #6 May 6, 2008 5:12 PM
What have you ultimately ended up with, Jim?

jimsocal wrote:
Glad to hear it! Congrats!</p><p>I'm sleeping better myself, but have decided that &quot;okay&quot; is about the best I can expect until I solve or at least improve my back/arm/neck/shoulder problems,which at this point no one even knows what the problem IS.</p><p>However, after experimenting with just about every known combination of ILD's and types of foam, I think what I have now is about as good as I can get. However, NOW I think I may have an allergy issue to some of the foam ! (???) See my post on that...
Reply #7 May 9, 2008 1:40 AM
I don't want to jinx myself, but my sacroiliac pain is virtually gone! Or at least hardly apparent at all. I'm not sure if this is short-lived or why suddenly it feels better. I'm hoping it's because I've totally acclimated to my mattress set-up. I'm wondering if the Dream Coil topper is the clincher. I just love the way that thing feels along with the CuddleBed in the morning before I have to get up. The CuddleBed is kind of poofy along the edge of the bed and I like running my hand along it. It's so nice and cushy! In fact, I find it very hard to get out of bed! And, I'm definitely sleeping better. Used to be that everytime I turned, my sacroliac would hurt. Even now if I have any discomfort, it's usually because I've been sleeping in one position for too long. I simply turn over and I feel better. Oh, I hope this lasts! But, like you said, things can change. Sigh.

I hope you get to the bottom of your allergic reaction, jimsocal. If it's not one, it's another.

jimsocal wrote:
Glad to hear it! Congrats!

I'm sleeping better myself, but have decided that "okay" is about the best I can expect until I solve or at least improve my back/arm/neck/shoulder problems,which at this point no one even knows what the problem IS.

However, after experimenting with just about every known combination of ILD's and types of foam, I think what I have now is about as good as I can get. However, NOW I think I may have an allergy issue to some of the foam ! (???) See my post on that...
This message was modified May 9, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #8 May 9, 2008 10:28 AM
So happy for you Beddybye. I too had sacro pain that was solved by the right combination of mattress and toppers. I wish Drs. knew to recommend this as a possible solution. Hope you have a lifetime of pain free sleep!

Recent Posts