Re: Interesting potential new source of latex
Reply #1 Nov 16, 2010 12:48 PM
Im in for a hydroponic grow-op if anyone else is interested.  I really hope that this and gauyule rubber become crops that are used more globally, both would be great sources of non-allergenic rubber.
Reply #2 Nov 16, 2010 4:09 PM
It really makes me wonder how many other sources of rubber there really are. I know there are quite a few plants with a milky white latex liquid in them and just never made the connection before this. Thanks too for the info about Guayule rubber ... I've added http://www.yulex.com/ to my list of links :)

Grow-op ... hmmmmm ...

I think that with the direction of the mattress industry in general (and other industries as well with their "fake green" and "soy" initiatives) ... there could be some real potential there.

Phoenix

This message was modified Nov 16, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #3 Nov 16, 2010 4:35 PM
I wonder why no one in the bedding industry is using this stuff yet.   
Reply #4 Nov 17, 2010 12:31 PM
Great GMO dandelions.  You KNOW the green people will have nothing with GMO products in it don't you?  Organic, by legal definition, excludes ALL GMO products.

I think this is a nice idea.  I think there is a way to do this without GMO.  Anyone remember milkweeds when you were growing up?  If they broke you got sticky MILK all over you.  I would think THEY would be a much better source of natural latex than dandelions.

Recent Posts