Ikea latex vs. Sealy Embody
Oct 17, 2010 10:36 PM
Hi there,

I am looking for some advice on choosing between 2 mattresses.  1st a little history.   I owned an Englander latex mattress for about 5 years.  After the 4th year, it developed uncomfortable body impressions, just under 1.5" deep, so it didn't qualify for the warranty.  So I went shopping for a new mattress 9 months ago.  Sales person tried to get me to look at latex again, but I would have no part of it after my experience.  So I went with a Sealy Posturpedic firm innerspring.  It felt great for about 3 months, and now it too has very uncomfortable body impressions.  The store has agreed to let me use their one time comfort exchange even though it is beyond the time limit.  They carry the Sealy Embody line, which is a layer of latex ontop of a high density poly foam core.  The one we are interested in(and the one we can afford) is the Inspiration.  It has 3" of latex and 7" of the poly foam core.  After my comfort exchange, I will have to pay another $1200 to get it.  The other mattress we are considering is the Ikea Elsjford.  It is 5.5" of synthetic latex, super firm, and no poly foam core, just latex.  It is $599.  I have read good things about Ikea latex mattresses.  There are almost no reviews of the Embody line from Sealy because they are new.  The Spring Free line had fairly good reviews, but they are no longer available here.  So my question is......3" of natural latex ontop of 7" of poly foam or 5.5" of synthetic latex.  The biggest thing we want to avoid are body impressions, and the poly foam core on the Sealy makes me nervous.  Any help would truly be appreciated.

Mike

Recent Posts