I tried the Cuddlebed last night....
Jul 26, 2008 2:50 PM
I couldn't fall asleep, after 2 1/2 hours got up and 2 hours later tried again.  Because (I think) I had the latex topper directly under the Cuddlebed I felt like I was rolling on a rubber ball all night.  Maybe I have too much cushioning now.  I had no pressure pain, but kept rolling all night.  I put the memory foam on the bottom (because I know it would feel like concrete under the mattress pad), then the cheap PU topper, then Latex.  When do you know enough is enough?  I do not have back pain, but I think the latex is going.  I really am tired of changing the layers around!  I think the reason I sleep on sheet wrinkles is that I sink too much.

On the bright side BeddyBye, you were right about the mattress topper being soft and the back side was not like any other mattress pad I have had.  It doesn't go under the mattress (skirt) but goes to almost the bottom.  But I think I will be removing one of those toppers which should make the tall mattress shorter.  I wish I could get that one discontinued topper Dreamcoil that Carpenter made.  I have the cheap bottom of the line PU topper.  I hope I can get this receipe of the toppers to work for me.

Sabra, I was reading again that you have the PU and latex under the Cuddlebed and I was wondering if you had an adjustment period.  I believe you said give it 2 weeks before you decide.  But that might be torture for me.  Also your PU topper sounds like a better quality and you have a softer latex.  Lots of variables....It could be the mattress everyone uses underneath the toppers can make a difference too.

Don't think I can get it to fit in my washer.  That bothers me.  It does look like a nice product.  I hope I can get it too work for me.
This message was modified Jul 26, 2008 by Leo3
Re: I tried the Cuddlebed last night....
Reply #1 Jul 28, 2008 1:56 AM
You got it, Leo! Hurray! Okay, now I have to agree that you might have too many layers. Or maybe it's the latex that is the culprit, like you mentioned. I, too, couldn't sleep with a latex topper. I took it off and successfully replaced it with the Carpenter Dream Coill Omalon topper. Perfect. It doesn't have that "bouncy" feel. Nor does it sink. It's just a supportive topper that never flattens. And, the CuddleBed makes it feel softer without sinking in. I honestly think you need to take off some of those toppers. I agree that it's probably all your movement that's causing the wrinkles in the sheets.

You mentioned the CuddleBed skirt doesn't go under the mattress??? Yikes! How tall IS your mattress with all those toppers?! The skirt is 21" deep which will cover a lot! It definitely fits under mine with room to spare. But then I only have one 1" Dream Coil topper. The mattress, itself, is about 12".

I honestly think the Dream Coil and Cuddle Bed was the "recipe" my back was looking for. I had been suffering from very painful sacroilitis which hurt all day. Even after I got the Dream Coil it hurt for awhile. But then as my body adjusted to it, VOILA'! It doesn't hurt anymore! I can't believe it! I was at the point where I was using Capsacin and heat patches every night along with Ibuprofen. But, not now! Oh, I wish you could find a Dream Coil in the worst way! I really think that was my answer. CuddleBed, too.

Good luck, Leo. I really would take off 1 or 2 of those toppers. You need more stability under your back.

Leo3 wrote:
I couldn't fall asleep, after 2 1/2 hours got up and 2 hours later tried again.  Because (I think) I had the latex topper directly under the Cuddlebed I felt like I was rolling on a rubber ball all night.  Maybe I have too much cushioning now.  I had no pressure pain, but kept rolling all night.  I put the memory foam on the bottom (because I know it would feel like concrete under the mattress pad), then the cheap PU topper, then Latex.  When do you know enough is enough?  I do not have back pain, but I think the latex is going.  I really am tired of changing the layers around!  I think the reason I sleep on sheet wrinkles is that I sink too much.<BR><BR>On the bright side BeddyBye, you were right about the mattress topper being soft and the back side was not like any other mattress pad I have had.  It doesn't go under the mattress (skirt) but goes to almost the bottom.  But I think I will be removing one of those toppers which should make the tall mattress shorter.  I wish I could get that one discontinued topper Dreamcoil that Carpenter made.  I have the cheap bottom of the line PU topper.  I hope I can get this receipe of the toppers to work for me.<BR><BR>Sabra, I was reading again that you have the PU and latex under the Cuddlebed and I was wondering if you had an adjustment period.  I believe you said give it 2 weeks before you decide.  But that might be torture for me.  Also your PU topper sounds like a better quality and you have a softer latex.  Lots of variables....It could be the mattress everyone uses underneath the toppers can make a difference too.<BR><BR>Don't think I can get it to fit in my washer.  That bothers me.  It does look like a nice product.  I hope I can get it too work for me.
Re: I tried the Cuddlebed last night....
Reply #2 Jul 28, 2008 4:13 PM
BeddyBye wrote:
You got it, Leo! Hurray! Okay, now I have to agree that you might have too many layers. Or maybe it's the latex that is the culprit, like you mentioned. I, too, couldn't sleep with a latex topper. I took it off and successfully replaced it with the Carpenter Dream Coill Omalon topper. Perfect. It doesn't have that "bouncy" feel. Nor does it sink. It's just a supportive topper that never flattens. And, the CuddleBed makes it feel softer without sinking in. I honestly think you need to take off some of those toppers. I agree that it's probably all your movement that's causing the wrinkles in the sheets.

You mentioned the CuddleBed skirt doesn't go under the mattress??? Yikes! How tall IS your mattress with all those toppers?! The skirt is 21" deep which will cover a lot! It definitely fits under mine with room to spare. But then I only have one 1" Dream Coil topper. The mattress, itself, is about 12".

I honestly think the Dream Coil and Cuddle Bed was the "recipe" my back was looking for. I had been suffering from very painful sacroilitis which hurt all day. Even after I got the Dream Coil it hurt for awhile. But then as my body adjusted to it, VOILA'! It doesn't hurt anymore! I can't believe it! I was at the point where I was using Capsacin and heat patches every night along with Ibuprofen. But, not now! Oh, I wish you could find a Dream Coil in the worst way! I really think that was my answer. CuddleBed, too.

Good luck, Leo. I really would take off 1 or 2 of those toppers. You need more stability under your back.

After tossing and turning for the third night I got up at 4:00 a.m. and took the latex off!  I put the 1" cheap Overstock memory foam over the cheap PU topper.  I only had a few hours on the new arrangement, I was so darn tired I probably could have slept on a rock (not really).  Yes, I do need a better topper to put under the Cuddlebed.  I did get lines all over me from the Cuddlebed, but I think as I said I sink in too much.  Yes, I wish I could try that Dream Coil Topper.

I just hope I am not like Jim and can never find a solution.  It is not my back like you had, it is my hips, and now my shoulders.  Like you said your body had to adjust, but how long does that take?  It could just be a bad combination of toppers and I can only take 3 painful nights of it.  I was surprised the memory foam didn't feel like concrete under the Cuddlebed, it always did with other mattress pads.  I could have been just to darn tired to notice.

The mattress is probably 12", this is one of those older Spring Air mattress that is flippable, with the extra padding sewn in a separate layer on the mattress, it does make it more difficult to get things to fit.  But it is better (maybe) then the sponge mattress I had (Sealy Truform memory foam mattress).

I am glad you had success with the arrangement of the toppers. I give up with Latex.  I am out of room in my closet, and not sure I want to keep all of these toppers that don't work.

Recent Posts