I love my mattress!
Mar 17, 2010 5:21 PM
hi everyone, again,

I haven't posted in a while, because I've been enjoying my bed! Took a bit of tweaking, but finally got the combination that feels really good. Here it is (from bottom up):

3" LUX-HQ --FoamDistributing ($120--king size)

3" HD36-HQ--FD ($120)

1.5" HD36 eggcrate--FD ($50)

1.5" supersoft eggcrate--FD ($30)

1" latex ILD 20 (or 22?)--FoamByMail ($100)

All on top of a platform bed with regular cotton/poly mattress pad.

I had a few different layers, including memory foam, another latex layer, another supersoft eggcrate layer, wool topper...played around a LOT with them, then finally got this combo and really love it. It's a bit cushiony on top but very supportive...I was having trouble previously with the bed being too soft, but this is really heavenly now. My boyfriend, who can sleep anywhere and usually doesn't even notice the mattress, can't stop raving about it; he says it's like heaven, and is the perfect combo of soft yet very supportive.

Only problems (there have to be some!): I awaken sweating every night, even in middle of winter with almost no clothing. AND, unfortunately, i originally created this bed to have no motion, because i'm supersensitive to it and can't sleep with partner any more--but I've come to realize that no mattress will have absolutely zero motion, which is why i'm considering slicing the bed and making two separate twins out of it! 

But again, i have to emphasize how lovely this mattress is! I know it's individual preference, but i really think those of you who want a little cushion yet a lot of support would really like this one! It's delicious.

Thank you to everyone on this forum who, with their great wisdom of mattresses, helped me in building this one! I really appreciate it! 

Recent Posts