How to select a Tempurpedic?
May 26, 2010 4:27 PM
I am very very confused. How should I go about selecting the most suitable tempurpedic bed for myself.

My relevant Statistics:

weight = 210 pounds

height = 6 feet 2 inches

mode of sleeping = side sleeper

Re: How to select a Tempurpedic?
Reply #16 Jun 6, 2010 11:16 PM
Steff3 wrote:

First off, thanks to all for their input to my query, I appreciate it a lot. I did try the Deluxe  but not the Belifina, they did not have it in any of the three stores I tried.  I thought the Deluxe was okay but wanted a bit more. As far as the difference between the CS and the Rhasp I found that when I laid on the CS it felt softer immediately and after 20 minutes I didn't notice any difference except that it sort of bottomed out right away, not that it was bad but it didn't seem to have any further to soften, but when I tried the Rhasp I found exactly what you are saying, that the initial feel was notably firmer but after a several minutes it continued to conform to my body and eventually softened to about the same degree as the CS.  My feeling is that the CS may not hold up as long as the Rhaps.  I think the Rhaps will better in the long run and I did get a 90 day trial with exchange or refund (in writing) so if I am wrong I can always goes another route.  I do realize if I exchange or return for a refund that I am responsible for the pillows, frame , pad, and sheet set but that is okay since I will use them anyway.  Now to try it for a month or so and see if I was hopefully correct.

Way to go, Steff! Will you post a follow up for us after a month?

This message was modified Jun 6, 2010 by pianoman
Reply #17 Jun 7, 2010 12:41 AM
Ouch
Steff3 wrote:

First off, thanks to all for their input to my query, I appreciate it a lot. I did try the Deluxe  but not the Belifina, they did not have it in any of the three stores I tried.  I thought the Deluxe was okay but wanted a bit more. As far as the difference between the CS and the Rhasp I found that when I laid on the CS it felt softer immediately and after 20 minutes I didn't notice any difference except that it sort of bottomed out right away, not that it was bad but it didn't seem to have any further to soften, but when I tried the Rhasp I found exactly what you are saying, that the initial feel was notably firmer but after a several minutes it continued to conform to my body and eventually softened to about the same degree as the CS.  My feeling is that the CS may not hold up as long as the Rhaps.  I think the Rhaps will better in the long run and I did get a 90 day trial with exchange or refund (in writing) so if I am wrong I can always goes another route.  I do realize if I exchange or return for a refund that I am responsible for the pillows, frame , pad, and sheet set but that is okay since I will use them anyway.  Now to try it for a month or so and see if I was hopefully correct.

Good luck, Steff! The Rhapsody was our favorite until we tried the Bellafina.

Speaking of which, it is finally being delivered tomorrow! I'm psyched!

Reply #18 Jun 7, 2010 3:53 PM
We ended up purchasing the Rhapsody.  They did throw in several freebies and they are within a mile from my house. They are delivering today so we are excited.  Really liked the salesman there, he was informative, patient, and not pushy at all.  I will certainly post back here in a month to report our opinion after giving it a chance to break in and us to become acclimated to the bed.
Reply #19 Jul 16, 2010 4:22 PM
Well it has been several weeks now so I wanted to post my thoughts.  After the first four nights I was out of town for about 10 days.  So now it has been about a month and I have to say, it is the first time in years that I have not awaken with shoulder, neck, or back pain of some sort.  The bed takes a bit of getting used to, but once I did, there was no turning back.  It does have an initial feel of being very firm but as you lay in the bed for several minutes it conforms to the body and no longer feels too firm.  I originally thought I would only be happy on a soft cushiony type mattress but I was concerned that after a short time I would be on top of the support again which is what was causing my aches from our last bed. This bed does it for me, no more aches.  My wife used to complain of her hips hurting but no longer.  I should also say I am very pleased with .the heat factor, or lack of it.  My wife is a very hot sleeper, her dad was the same way, they just exude heat, even just getting close to her I can feel her body temp but neither of us have found the Tempurpedic to be overly hot.  In fact, our old pillow top would cause me to sweat at times but I have not experienced that on the Rhapsody.  Now I know everyone’s mileage will vary on this subject but this is what we have experienced for us.

Recent Posts