How to select a Tempurpedic?
May 26, 2010 4:27 PM
I am very very confused. How should I go about selecting the most suitable tempurpedic bed for myself.

My relevant Statistics:

weight = 210 pounds

height = 6 feet 2 inches

mode of sleeping = side sleeper

Re: How to select a Tempurpedic?
Reply #1 May 26, 2010 4:49 PM
roy1 wrote:

I am very very confused. How should I go about selecting the most suitable tempurpedic bed for myself.

My relevant Statistics:

weight = 210 pounds

height = 6 feet 2 inches

mode of sleeping = side sleeper

why do you want a Tempurpedic?  What other beds/mattresses have you tried.  Have you done a search on Tempurpedic mattresses here?  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Tempurpedic+site%3Awww.whatsthebest-mattress.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

This message was modified May 26, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #2 May 26, 2010 10:31 PM
Ouch
Roy - The best way to select any mattress from any manufacturer is to lay on quite a few of them. And, in the case of Tempur-Pedic, lay on each one for at least 5 minutes, because they change as they warm up from your body tempurature. (That's basically what the "tempur" in their name stands for.)

You should also buy from a retailer that has a comfort guarantee, hopefully money-back, but at the very least no-cost/low-cost exchange. Sleeping on a bed for a few weeks is a lot different than laying awake for 20 minutes in the store.

Reply #3 May 27, 2010 6:50 PM
Budgy, please can you advise. Thank you.
Reply #4 May 27, 2010 7:00 PM
At over 200 lbs do not waste any of your time trying out a Cloud Series Mattress.  Start with something like a DeluxeBed....then maybe try a few of the higher priced HD models to see if they are more comfortable for you. 

It is very critical to take your time laying down on these mattresses as Garypen has already suggested.  Lay on them in your own natural sleep position's.  Sometimes the subtle differences between one model and another may not be immediately apparent to you.  So it is okay to go back and forth a few times between the models you liked.  If you do happen to enjoy any of the Tempur Pillows use the same one you like on each mattress you lie down on....if you don't like any of the pillows ask for one thats different and use it on each mattress as well. 

I think its reasonable that after being helped initially and introduced to the mattresses, politely ask the salesperson to give you some time alone so you can just try to relax and focus on your comfort. 

Reply #5 May 27, 2010 7:24 PM
budgy wrote:

At over 200 lbs do not waste any of your time trying out a Cloud Series Mattress.  Start with something like a DeluxeBed....then maybe try a few of the higher priced HD models to see if they are more comfortable for you. 

It is very critical to take your time laying down on these mattresses as Garypen has already suggested.  Lay on them in your own natural sleep position's.  Sometimes the subtle differences between one model and another may not be immediately apparent to you.  So it is okay to go back and forth a few times between the models you liked.  If you do happen to enjoy any of the Tempur Pillows use the same one you like on each mattress you lie down on....if you don't like any of the pillows ask for one thats different and use it on each mattress as well. 

I think its reasonable that after being helped initially and introduced to the mattresses, politely ask the salesperson to give you some time alone so you can just try to relax and focus on your comfort. 

Thank you Budgy. I tried the deluxe today and Classic also. I only laid down on the beds for 5 minutes each.

I liked the classic over the deluxe. What is your take on Classic? Thank you.

Reply #6 May 27, 2010 7:41 PM
My experience with the Classic is limited to trying to convince people to buying a DeluxeBed over it because I don't carry the Classic LOL.  So I am definitely biased.  The DeluxeBed has a little bit more of the Tempur Material so we expect it will be more durable and supportive...it might be a little firmer as well in comparison. 

Although the Classic is a great mattress as well...I think if you don't find the DeluxeBed to be more comfortable than the Classic could be a better personal option for you.

Reply #7 May 31, 2010 5:03 PM
I read that Rhapsody is the most popular model.

Anyone who bought this could you please tell about your experience. Thanks.

Reply #8 May 31, 2010 5:32 PM
it *was* there most popular.  it still is in my store I think (either that or the Allura).  The Cloud Supreme is now their most popular mattress so far as I have been told.

My parents took a Rhapsody home in a queen size...slept on it for two weeks and then thought the only thing they could do to make it better was get a king, so now they have two rhapsody's. 

Reply #9 Jun 5, 2010 5:42 PM
budgy wrote:

I am curious, what is the concern with the Cloud Supreme?  I am actually about the same weight and height as the poster and am torn between Rhapsody and Supreme. Salesman sales Cloud is better and out sales other TP's by 7 out of every 10 he sales.  He is offering a 100 day exchange or refund which is pretty good I think.

Reply #10 Jun 5, 2010 11:24 PM
When I tried the Cloud Supreme, it did not give me enough support under the ribcage for sidesleeping - I felt somewhat hammocked on it.  And I weigh only 105 lb.

Recent Posts