How is the quality of FoamByMail.com memory foam?
Jun 26, 2008 8:05 PM
Their prices are almost half of the other online stores.  I am looking for a 3" memory foam topper, Eastern King size, 5+ lb density memory foam topper.  I can get the FoamByMail.com 3" topper, 5.5 lbs. for $218.99 with free shipping. 

Other compartive stores are charging this:

FoamSource.com - King size, 3 inch, 5lb Sensus Memory Foam Topper = $369

FoamOrder.com - King size, 3 inch, 5.3lb Memory foam Topper = $354

So how is it that FoamByMail.com is so much less expensive?  They say their memory foam is produced here in the USA and comes with a 10-year warranty.  Am I missing something else?

Re: How is the quality of FoamByMail.com memory foam?
Reply #1 Jun 29, 2008 6:52 PM
I am wondering the same thing myself...
Reply #2 Jun 30, 2008 4:15 PM
I ordered their 1" latex.  So far so good in my limited experience.  It looks like the samples I got from other companies, and one topper from another company I bought.  Had it 2 weeks, so we'll see. 
Reply #3 Jul 4, 2008 1:12 PM
I'm on vacation in Florida at the moment and haven't been online for awhile, but I had a moment to check my email and any new posts on the forum--I just had to put my two cents in here... I haven't ordered anything from FBM, but the posts have been generally favorable. They do seem to be rather cagey about their products though.

I was looking at TheQuest's pics of her 1" foam and if they're passing this off as Talalay they are either misinformed or lying. That foam is Dunlop. It's got big holes. The softer the foam, the bigger the holes. Talalay always has little pinholes no matter what the ILD. Of course, I prefer Dunlop to Talalay and would probably like it better, but if someone is sold a product as Talalay they ought to get it. The two foams have a very different feeling.
This message was modified Jul 4, 2008 by cloud9
Reply #4 Jul 4, 2008 5:08 PM
My Dream Solutions pillow from Sears (which is made by Latex International according to their website) has big holes in the middle only and is Talalay latex.  It is a zone pillow and it is practically flat in the middle.  Smaller holes on the sides.  Just my observation. I know nothing about Dunlop.

Isn't Foambymail the company that won't tell you who makes the product?  I believe I emailed them and they wouldn't tell me who makes it.  Rather suspicious so I opted to not order from them.  Why wouldn't someone tell you who makes  it?

This message was modified Jul 4, 2008 by Leo3

Recent Posts