How to Make Linens for an Adjustable Bed?
Nov 12, 2012 2:22 AM
Hello all,

Adjustable beds are no longer just for hospital rooms; they are becoming a more and more popular option for home. So, looking for a more comfortable sleeping option for me, I want to make lines for an adjustable bed. Anyone having brilliant idea on it, please share with me.

Thanks a lot!
Tony Layton

Re: How to Make Linens for an Adjustable Bed?
Reply #1 Nov 12, 2012 5:48 AM
Hello Friends,

Adjustable beds are no longer just for hospital rooms; they are becoming a more and more popular option for your home. Whether you are caring for an ailing loved one in your home or just looking for a more comfortable sleeping option for yourself, you may find that you are in need of linens for an adjustable bed. Buying these linens online can be costly and confusing. Making them yourself is a much simpler option, and it will not take hundreds of dollars in materials to do so.

1. Measure your mattress. Jot down the lengths across the top and bottom of the mattress.

2. Cut your elastic. Using the measurements from earlier, cut five lengths of elastic slightly shorter than your measurements. This will ensure a tight fit from the sheet.

3. Sew the elastics onto the fitted sheet. On the underside of the sheet, sew two elastics in a criss-cross pattern at the top of the sheet. Sew one elastic across the middle of the sheet. The last two elastics will be sewn exactly as the top two, in a criss-cross pattern at the bottom of the sheet. Do not sew the crossed elastics together. All the elastics should be loose except where they are sewn to the edges of the fitted sheet.

4. Attach your sheet to the bed. Slide the middle elastic around the back of the mattress first. Then bring the top elastics over the head of the bed, fitting the sheet over the front of the mattress. Repeat this for the bottom of the mattress. Continue to make the bed with the other sheets in a normal fashion.

Thanks and Regards
Michael Bevan

This message was modified Nov 12, 2012 by a moderator
Re: How to Make Linens for an Adjustable Bed?
Reply #2 Dec 30, 2012 2:51 PM
I know that my wife and I could not live without our adjustable bed. My back used to hurt so much, though that is no longer the case.

MichaelBevan wrote:

Hello Friends,

Adjustable beds are no longer just for hospital rooms; they are becoming a more and more popular option for your home. Whether you are caring for an ailing loved one in your home or just looking for a more comfortable sleeping option for yourself, you may find that you are in need of linens for an adjustable bed. Buying these linens online can be costly and confusing. Making them yourself is a much simpler option, and it will not take hundreds of dollars in materials to do so.

1. Measure your mattress. Jot down the lengths across the top and bottom of the
mattress.

2. Cut your elastic. Using the measurements from earlier, cut five lengths of elastic slightly shorter than your measurements. This will ensure a tight fit from the sheet.

3. Sew the elastics onto the fitted sheet. On the underside of the sheet, sew two elastics in a criss-cross pattern at the top of the sheet. Sew one elastic across the middle of the sheet. The last two elastics will be sewn exactly as the top two, in a criss-cross pattern at the bottom of the sheet. Do not sew the crossed elastics together. All the elastics should be loose except where they are sewn to the edges of the fitted sheet.

4. Attach your sheet to the bed. Slide the middle elastic around the back of the mattress first. Then bring the top elastics over the head of the bed, fitting the sheet over the front of the mattress. Repeat this for the bottom of the
mattress. Continue to make the bed with the other sheets in a normal fashion.

Thanks and Regards
Michael Bevan

Recent Posts