Futon Wood & Fold-A-bed wood frame
Oct 1, 2010 1:53 AM
http://shop.vendio.com/wfutons/item/922628614/index.html

This is World of Futon website, have you seen these frames?  I know the slats are far apart, but the price is reasonable and it is adjustable, and made in the USA of natural wood.  I think you could modify it somehow with a grate of some kind and loop in in with the electrial tie down clips.  Just grasping at straws wink trying to find a simple solution.

Here it is at Amazon with reviews.  They also have just regular frames, not the adjustable futon like I linked.

Here is the regular bed frame at Amazon.  It got great reviews.  Does anyone have the frames from World of Futons?

This message was modified Oct 1, 2010 by Leo3
Re: Futon Wood & Fold-A-bed wood frame
Reply #1 Oct 1, 2010 3:55 PM
What really is a futon mattress?  Does it have springs?  I read about them and really don't understand what they are.
Reply #2 Oct 1, 2010 6:13 PM
A futon mattress is generally about 4" to 6" cotton or cotton/wool batting with a cover. In my experience they tend to compress fairly quickly, the cheaper ones go very quickly.
Reply #3 Oct 5, 2010 10:55 PM
I'm not sure what you're using it for? If it's for a cotton-batting type futon it looks like it would be okay. We have one and it serves well as a couch.

Looks like a decent frame and I don't think the space between the slats is a problem for a futon, but it could be. Ours is a little closer together.

One thing I don't like about ours and this is the same way: the seat slants back at an angle so it's not very comfortable to lay in as you're not laying flat. Of course when it folds down, it's flat; but not when it's used as a couch.

Recent Posts