Foambymail...Great Price... Update
Jan 30, 2008 7:18 PM
HELP!
I found the prices are great but I hope some of you have bought from this place. I am afraid to order without hearing from previous buyers.

Thanks!
This message was modified Feb 14, 2008 by auart
Re: Anyone bought from Foambymail ? There prices are great, but need to know if they are legit
Reply #1 Jan 30, 2008 8:22 PM
It would take some initiative . . but you could try entering foambymail in the forum search box.
Re: Anyone bought from Foambymail ? There prices are great, but need to know if they are legit
Reply #2 Jan 30, 2008 9:10 PM
I read the threads on this company and they sound like they're "Okay" but a little squirrely in my humble opinion.
Sounds like a case of "you get what you pay for". It's an "off brand" of latex of decent quality and their ILD's seem to be hard to pin down, not very delineated.
They seem to not say exactly where their latex comes from or who makes it.
I'd personally avoid them, unless you are on a severe budget and they are a lot cheaper than anyone else. I have not dealt with them nor even looked at their web site but I read this bunch of posts about them:
http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/652-A-1.html
Reply #3 Jan 31, 2008 7:36 AM
It was the first company I contacted 1 1/2 years ago when I started looking at/for latex. Never could get straight answers so gave up. Life's too short.
Reply #4 Jan 31, 2008 8:51 AM
I have purchased from them, and my concern on a future order is wondering if I would actually get what I ordered from them as far as ILD goes.  In my opinion, the low price is not worth the risk.  Maybe you will get lucky and get what you ordered, maybe not.
Reply #5 Feb 1, 2008 9:07 PM
I bought a latex mattress from FBM several months ago, and love it.  I would definitely order from them again, although I've heard some negative things.

I have 6" of their firm latex, on a flex slat foundation, and sleep great every night.  Under $400 for a full mattress - can't beat it.
Reply #6 Feb 13, 2008 10:48 PM
UPDATE............

I ordered my son a Full Size 6 inch Medium(32 ILD)  Talalay Core and a 2 inch SOFT (20 ILD) Talalay Topper from Foambymail.com after weighing the cost against the doubts about them.
Well, it all arrived in about 6 business days and was VERY well packaged in a vacuum packed bag that was wrapped a hundred times in plastic wrapping and then wrapped in cardboard Boxes. No damage at all and everything unpacked nicely.
I paid a grand total of $479 and that included a very nice mattress cover in a terry cloth (Feels like velour almost) that is very nice and has a strong zipper (The Terry Cloth costs $20 extra but worth it!) .
 I let them air out overnight and even tested the topper on my King size Latex bed (Dunlop)  and loved it and will probably order the Soft topper for the King.
The Mattress and topper are exactly what they described on the website, this is talalay and it is good quality. While they don't tell you WHO they get the Latex from, they do swear by it being US made, even in an email reply they say it is USA made all the way. Rather than get hung up on the LI craze and worry that they get so called Jungle Latex, I decided to try them and see for myself. I am totally impressed and I am comparing the quality to my King Sized Dunlop mattress.
They have the lowest prices as far as I could see and this feels great. I would by from them again and probably will this week to get the King Topper.
If anyone is looking at buying from them let me know and I can email you pictures of the Latex.

The $479 was the Total for the Full mattress and 2 " topper with Shipping free!
This message was modified Feb 13, 2008 by auart
Re: Foambymail...Great Price... Update
Reply #7 Feb 14, 2008 11:54 PM
auart, Please update this post on the comfort level after sleeping on the bed several days.  We all hope you have good news.
This message was modified Aug 7, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #8 Aug 3, 2008 1:20 AM
sager66 wrote:
It would take some initiative . . but you could try entering foambymail in the forum search box.

My aren't we clever! Did your mom help you to come up with that one?

Recent Posts