Flobeds Posture Zone-on-Point - Talalay Latex Mattress
Mar 29, 2008 11:38 AM
I wanted a Dunlop latex mattress for my Mom, but all the talk about return policy and the fact that Flobeds is having a sale right now has me considering the Flobeds Posture Zone-on-Point Talalay Latex Mattress for my Mom.

It looks to me that I can get split cores for even a Full, a very nice touch which would give me more configuration options because my Mom sleeps alone and I could set up the two sides of the bed at different firmnesses and she could sleep on either one side or the other (she does that now). None of the other mattresses I've looked at has offered split sides for a Full.

My Mom is 80, a side sleeper, is 5'3", weighs 105 lbs, and has occasional knee pain on her current 30-year-old PU foam mattress. She says she wants a soft mattress, so I'm thinking (Soft | Soft) with (Soft | Medium). Because it's zone-on-point, if I understand that correctly, even with the (Soft | Soft) layer I would have a medium strip in there. The foundation is going to be a SmartBase steel foundation.

In addition to my reticence over going with Talalay, I'm also concerned that if I later decided to add a topper that the mattress/foundation would be too high. This Flobeds mattress is 11.25" thick.

Any thoughts?

Philly888

This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by Philly888

Recent Posts