EuroSlat Foundation for LATEX bed--HOW IMPORTANT is this?
May 25, 2008 2:27 PM
After a recent conversation I decided to let this forum chime in on a question.  Are there any real noticeable worth-the-extra-money benefits to putting a latex bed on a "euro-slat" type foundation vs. putting it on the traditional solid boxes that come with most mattresses. I have always referred to these box supports for a mattress as box springs, though there are no springs in them.

I would appreciate any feedback...knowledgeable or experiential.

Thanks!

G
Re: EuroSlat Foundation for LATEX bed--HOW IMPORTANT is this?
Reply #1 May 25, 2008 8:34 PM
I have no idea but I know I like my Pine Slat Box that allows the latex mattress to breath while providing solid firm support for the latex. I got mine at FloBeds and I went with 10" high legs attached to make room underneath to store things. SleepEz sells this also as well as other companies.

I think the idea of the Euroslat is to make parts of the slat box firmer or softer by it was more money so I went with the regular slat box.

Re: EuroSlat Foundation for LATEX bed--HOW IMPORTANT is this?
Reply #2 May 28, 2008 5:48 AM
I think Lynn is correct in that Euroslats allow you to fine tune the firmness under the mattress. Some people have said it makes a difference if for instance, you need it a bit firmer or softer in one area of your body than another. Like more cushioning at the shoulder, more firmness at the hips. Other than that or pure preference alone, if you live in a humid climate and don't run the air conditioning slats will allow the latex to breathe. If you live in a dry climate where humidity and mold is not an issue, a plain old box foundation will do just fine.

Recent Posts