Ebay -- Talasleep 8000 opinion?
May 4, 2008 12:37 AM
Does anyone have an opinion or know anything about the Talasleep 8000 or Talasleep 8000I?  the 8000 comes w/ an "Amicore" imbedded cover & the 8000I comes w/ an "Intense" anti-static cover.  Seems a little gimicky, but the bed itself looks decent -- 5 layers for a 9" mattress w/ a decent warranty.
Re: Ebay -- Talasleep 8000 opinion?
Reply #1 May 4, 2008 11:03 AM
Minit, I did a search for you and the bed's layers sound very nice with ILD's in the order of comfort and support except I feel the bottom layer should be a 44 ILD. But please take notice that the price does NOT include a foundation for the latex bed that they suggest you buy locally.  I like that the soft layer on top is only .9 inches thick.   If there was an exchange policy for layers of latex, I would say this sounds like a very nice latex bed.  But what I do not like is that you only get 30 days to return the bed and sometimes what you need is just an exchange of one or more latex cores to get the bed comfortable. I would feel one of the kits from on of the latex companies that sell latex kits and allows latex core exchanges for free would be better for you unless you can call this company and see if they will offer you a special deal in writing for at least one free latex core exchange in case you need it.

I have a FloBed which I love but I bought myself my own 1" soft topper (was less than $60 from Brylane Homes after their 25% off discount) since I did not like the 2" very soft topper that the bed came with. I know many people that love the soft topper the bed comes with but I also know others who had Dave exchange it for a firmer topper which he did without cost but the shipping.  But Dave at FloBeds tried to accommodate me with various toppers he sent me. He also helped me with many latex core exchanges which I needed to get the right comfort level.  FloBeds allows as many latex core exchanges within 90 days and a full refund net of the shipping before 90 days if Latex is not for you.

SleepEZ.com has nice beds also with one latex core exchange and those with SleepEZ latex kits may join this post to tell you about their beds.

This message was modified May 5, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #2 May 4, 2008 1:48 PM
thanks Lynn. 

Any opinion on the water or air core that Flobed offers?  I used to love the heat from my old water bed years ago -- they offer a heater, but I wonder if it could actually be felt through all the layers of latex? 

Or the air core?  the idea of being able to adjust the firmness at any time is tempting.

Reply #3 May 5, 2008 2:10 AM
Minit, I am sorry but I never had a water or air bed before but tried lying on them in the store and I preferred just all latex.  I guess that is why there are so many beds out there since we all have preferences. The air bed's philosophy does sound interesting. Maybe others with knowledge of these type of beds will reply.

Recent Posts