Dunlopillo latex and fire retardants
May 15, 2008 1:00 AM
I was trying to read about Dunlopillo latex toppers and found this at their website:

"Adhering to the strict flammability regulations to the furniture market in the UK, Dunlop Latex Foam Ltd. now leads the world in the production of fire retardant latex foam pillows, mattresses and block."

Does anyone know what or if they use a fire retardant?  I just ordered 3 Brylane toppers too  and they are Dunlopillo.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Dunlopillo latex and fire retardants
Reply #1 May 18, 2008 4:07 PM
I guess since I didn't get a reply there are no fire retardants in the toppers?
Reply #2 May 18, 2008 7:08 PM
I ordered my topper several months ago and I love it. I am chemically sensitive and have not had a problem with any outgassing. I aired out the topper for one week before using to be sure.  I do not know if they are now adding anything to the toppers recently.
Reply #3 May 19, 2008 1:13 AM
Thanks Lynn.  I imagine that the stock is the same as yours, nothing new added.  From what the previous posters said Natura was using Dunlopillo latex in the beds, so I would guess this old stock?  I did receive one already and it seems really good quality, it did have some dirty spots though.  So I think it must have been in their storage area for a while.  I have read something about using wool on top of beds to make fireproof so maybe that is what they are talking about.  Great postings here.  I have learned lot from your posts too : )
Reply #4 May 19, 2008 11:21 PM
Thank you Leo3 for letting me know that you learned a lot from my posts that makes me feel good since I try to share what I have learned from my experiences.

Recent Posts