Dunlop versus Talalay. What are the differences?
Jan 15, 2010 2:32 PM
There has been a great deal of discussion on this board about the differences between Talalay and Dunlop latex.

This kind of information is quite difficult to find. But FlowBeds has just recently put on their website, what appears to me to be, an excellent piece of informed information about the differences between these two methods for processing latex. I know that it told me things that I did not know, and have not been able to find anywhere else.

As most people know Dunlop is the original process. It has been around since 1929, or there abouts. Talalay is the newer process and the more involved and thus expensive process. Many people prefer Dunlop because it has a more stiff feel. I believe it is used extensively in the mattress industry as a core material. Talalay being used as a top material to give a bed more of a cushioning feel. The information that I'm going to post today will give some reasons for the difference in feel between Dunlop and Talalay. This is from the FlowBeds website. Copy and past this information into your browser's URL location.

http://www.flobeds.com/Latex_Foam_Cells_and_Durability.htm
This message was modified Jan 15, 2010 by eagle2

Recent Posts